Lyft is a popular ride-sharing option in Texas that expands residents’ transportation options. Anytime you are out on the roadways, you are vulnerable. If you sustained injuries in a Lyft accident, you can pursue compensation from the liable party to cover your damages. Anytime you are in an accident involving a commercial vehicle, it can become complicated to file an insurance claim.
If you have serious injuries or property damage, you can reach out to our Lyft accident attorney in Tyler to learn more about your options. At Domingo Garcia, our rideshare accident attorneys can assist you in holding the negligent driver or Lyft responsible for the damages and injuries you have suffered. As your attorney, we can initiate proceedings to get you money for your medical expenses, pain and suffering, and lost income, among other losses. We can start working for you today.
Recoverable Awards After a Lyft Accident in Tyler, TX
If you were in a Lyft accident involving property damage and serious injuries, you could recover compensation to cover your costs. You may have been a passenger taking a Lyft ride or a Lyft driver who could have hit your car. You could be a pedestrian who suffered injuries in a Lyft accident. In any case, you have resulting damages that could cost you and your family financially.
In Texas, you can pursue financial and non-financial damages. Your economic damages include your medical bills or the repair expenses for your vehicle. Our Tyler car accident attorney can pinpoint the types of damages you could qualify for and get you the compensation you need to get back to your life. Take a look at some of the injuries you could claim in Texas.
Monetary Damages You Could Claim
- Property damage could include repairing or replacing your vehicle or the busted laptop you were carrying as a passenger.
- You can recover lost income, which will include your current and future lost earnings if your injuries are severe.
- Medical expenses can add up quickly; you can claim hospital bills, transportation costs, physician charges, and prescription costs.
- Your future care is also included, which means you can claim rehabilitation and other ongoing and prospective future medical treatment for your injuries.
- You can claim the emotional toll it has taken, including mental anguish, disfigurement, and pain and suffering.
- You could seek a wrongful death action if you lost a close loved one in a Lyft accident. Our Tyler wrongful death attorney can handle your family’s lawsuit.
Our Legal Team Seeks Compensation for Lyft Accident Victims with Total in Tyler
When you suffer severe injuries, your life changes quickly. Suddenly, you cannot provide for your family or pay for the medical care you need. Our multilingual firm can take these worries off your hands. We will work to make you feel comfortable and inform you of your case progress. We can discuss your options with you in Spanish if you prefer.
The goal is to relieve your burden and get you back to where you were before your accident and before injuries changed your life. If you feel stressed about your financial damages, it could make your recovery more complex. Our Tyler Lyft accident lawyer can help your case in various ways.
Management of Your Tyler Rideshare Case May Include
- Collection of evidence, medical records, and police reports
- Investigation of the Lyft accident to determine its cause
- Obtain any available security footage and driver cell phone data
- Determine who is responsible for your accident
- Examine your claim to discover the financial total of your needs
- Connecting with insurers to review settlement offers or negotiate on your behalf
- Represent you in court before a judge and fight for the money you need
- Manage all paperwork from filing to settlement completion
Our Tyler Lyft Accident Attorney Can File Your Lyft Insurance Claim
Everyone who drives on Texas roadways must carry insurance. But with a Lyft accident, the level of coverage could depend on the Lyft rideshare status. Filing any insurance claim can be complex, but when it comes to rideshare insurance details, it helps to have the advice of our attorney. Here are some basics of how Lyft coverage works.
Which Party’s Insurance Coverage Applies in a Tyler Lyft Accident?
- Lyft driver not logged in to rideshare app – personal auto insurance applies.
- Lyft driver actively engaged with rideshare app – Lyft insurance applies.
Lyft Insurance Limits
Lyft provides information on its company insurance limits. The company offers third-party coverage when the driver’s insurance does not apply. Here are the posted coverage limits:
- $50,000/person for bodily injury
- $100,000/accident for bodily injury
- $25,000/accident for property damage
Our Tyler Lyft Accident Attorney Can Start Working on Your Case Right Away
Our firm offers injured victims the ability to get started on their claims immediately without paying any money up front. With a contingency agreement, we can immediately initiate proceedings to bring you the compensation you need for your damages. If we don’t win your Lyft accident case, you don’t have to pay us for our services.
A Free Initial Case Review Can Answer Your Questions
If you are unsure of your next steps after a rideshare accident, you can reach out to us for a free review of your Lyft accident case. Our legal staff can determine if you have a valid case. We can also go over any payment agreements and answer any questions you have about our services. There is no obligation, but it may help you put your case into perspective.
Texas Deadlines for Filing Injury Lawsuits
Every personal injury case has deadlines. In Texas, the Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 sets these deadlines. You generally have two years to initiate proceedings to collect compensation for any injuries or property damage. If you lost a loved one in a Lyft accident, we would file your case as a wrongful death action. Wrongful death lawsuits also have a two-year time limit under Texas law.
Call Us Today for Legal Help From a Lyft Accident Attorney in Tyler, TX
If you suffered injuries and property damage from a Lyft accident, contact Domingo Garcia today. Our law firm has helped many injured people in the Tyler area and throughout Texas collect awards from their injury cases. We will stand up and hold a negligent driver accountable for your financial losses.
Our compassionate attorneys can collect compensation for the damages you suffered. Please take advantage of our free initial review and get to know our multilingual office staff. With more than 35 years of legal experience, Domingo Garcia will stand up and fight for all the money you deserve. Let us manage the details so you can focus on healing. Call us today.