Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth Ready to Serve You
Fort Worth is one of the most traffic-dense places in Tarrant County. Commuters, tourists, and residents frequently find themselves bumper-to-bumper at all hours of the day. When you throw large commercial trucks into the mix, dense traffic is more than inconvenient; it can lead to harrowing collisions.
If you were hurt in a truck accident, now is the time to act. The statute of limitations, combined with time-sensitive evidence, makes prompt legal action crucial. Yet, you don’t have to face the claims process alone. A Fort Worth truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can pursue recovery for your losses.
Benefits of Hiring a Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
There are several benefits to hiring one of our Fort Worth truck accident attorneys at Domingo Garcia.
- A Domingo Garcia truck accident lawyer in Fort Worth, TX can help victims of truck accidents seek compensation for their injuries and damages.
- Truck accident cases can be complex, and it is important to have a lawyer who is experienced in handling these types of cases.
- A truck accident lawyer can investigate the accident and gather evidence to support the victim’s claim.
- An experienced truck accident attorney can negotiate with the trucking company and their insurance provider to try to reach a settlement.
- If a settlement cannot be reached, a truck accident lawyer can represent the victim in court.
- A lawyer can help the victim understand their legal rights and options.
- It is important to act quickly after a truck accident, as there are strict time limits for filing a claim.
- A truck accident lawyer can help the victim navigate the legal process and deal with the insurance company.
- A commercial truck attorney can also help the victim get the medical treatment they need and arrange for payment of medical bills.
- A truck accident lawyer in Fort Worth, TX can help protect the victim’s rights and seek justice on their behalf.
It Costs Nothing Up Front to Partner With One Of Our Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer
You likely have many financial concerns following your collision. Serious injuries can result in costly medical bills. Losing time from work can hurt your financial stability. We don’t want partnering with our team to add to your anxiety. So, we offer help on contingency.
Here’s what to know about this fee arrangement:
- We don’t charge hourly rates.
- A percentage of your personal injury award pays for our services.
- Your lawyer does not require retainers.
- You pay nothing if your case doesn’t yield compensation.
- You will understand everything about how your attorney’s fee percentage works from the beginning. You’ll also agree to it in writing and take home a copy of the contract.
We’re committed to your case’s outcome, and we want to make legal help affordable to those who were injured through no fault of their own. Domingo Garcia is ready to listen to your story today.
Our Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyers Offer Free, No-Obligation Case Reviews
Most people go their entire lives without being involved in a commercial truck accident. If you were hurt in a collision with a commercial truck, it is understandable if you have questions. The process of seeking justice can be confusing, and your legal options might not be immediately clear. Yet, you could get the answers to all of your questions now.
Our firm offers free consultations. We believe your financial situation should not prevent you from seeking justice. You deserve answers, and our commercial truck accident attorneys could provide you with the information you need to make informed decisions about your case. We’re ready to take your call whenever you’re ready to connect with us.
Compensable Losses Following a Truck Accident in Fort Worth, TX
A settlement or court award can account for your injury-related losses – even those that haven’t happened yet. Recoverable damages include:
Medical Expenses (Past and Future)
You’re likely facing high medical bills in the wake of your collision. You shouldn’t have to foot these bills on your own. That’s the other party’s obligation. Your settlement could pay for the costs associated with:
- Residing in a long-term care facility
- Riding in an ambulance and hospital bills
- Undergoing surgery
- Taking medications
- Attending follow-up appointments
- Going to physical therapy
Domingo Garcia can help you recoup your necessary healthcare expenses.
Lost Wages and Other Job-Related Benefits
Missing work can jeopardize your financial stability. You could find yourself out of work for weeks, months, or even the rest of your life. Compensation could account for your lost tips, bonuses, promotions, and paid time off. If you’re unable to return to work or cannot work at the same physical level, you can seek recovery for loss of future earning capacity, too.
Property Damage Costs
If your vehicle was damaged or destroyed in a truck accident, you can seek compensation for those expenses. You can also seek damages for temporary transportation arrangements, if you cannot use your vehicle.
The previously-mentioned losses, like medical bills and lost income, are all economic damages. They come with inherent financial values. Non-economic damages do not. Their values depend on your situation, including the extent of your injuries.
Recoverable non-economic damages comprise:
- Pain and suffering
- Impaired quality of life
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Loss of consortium
Wrongful Death-Related Expenses
Truck accidents cause countless fatalities across the Lone Star State each year. If you’ve recently lost a loved one, we’re deeply sorry for this tragedy. We know legal aid can’t undo your loved one’s passing. However, financial recovery can grant you peace of mind during this challenging time.
Recoverable damages in a Fort Worth wrongful death case include:
- Funeral and burial expenses
Loss of the Household services of your loved one
- Mental anguish and emotional distress due to the loss of a loved one
- End-of-life medical expenses, such as hospice
- Your and your loved one’s pain and suffering
- Your loved one’s lost income
We want you to focus on your grief. In the meantime, Domingo Garcia will fight for what you need.
These are just some damages you can seek via a claim or lawsuit. You can explore your financial recovery options in more detail with a truck accident lawyer from our firm.
Our Texas Lawyers Have Recovered Millions for the Injured and Bereaved
Our team has a long track record of success when it comes to truck accident injury cases, and those accomplishments speak for themselves. Some of those outcomes include a(n):
- $8.75 million settlement for an accident caused by a negligent truck driver
- $2.75 million settlement for a roadside worker struck by a commercial truck
- $1 million for a fatal accident caused by a truck driver
- $1 million for a truck accident that led to an amputation
- $9,000,000 settlement for a child that suffered a traumatic brain injury in a commercial vehicle wreck
These results do not guarantee a specific outcome for your case. However, we’re prepared to put the same dedication into your case as we did with these.
What do Former Clients Have to Say About Domingo Garcia?
Our law firm is passionate about helping injured people. We aim to provide comprehensive, honest legal care to those in need. This has compelled some former clients to disclose:
- “Case is still pending but dealing with Alma has been really awesome she tells you how it is and what realistic expectations can come about. It’s always great to have someone not sugar coating anything for you, as I want honesty every time whether I like it or not.” – M.M.
- “Free consultations. No money comes out of the pocket of the client, help with medical treatment. They do not settle but fight to get you what you deserve: justice.” – D.J.
- “I’m very satisfied about the services here at Domingo Garcia’s attorney all staff is excellent on reaching out to me and notifying me as far as my case is going … Sarah and Jesus were both professional and informative.” – M.O.
We Encourage Prompt Legal Action Following Your Fort Worth Truck Crash
Days pass quickly after a truck accident. You could find yourself preoccupied with physical therapy, doctors’ appointments, and other obligations that take your time. We empathize with these time constraints. Yet, we encourage you to take prompt legal action following your collision.
Supporting Evidence Could Disappear With Time
Each day that passes following your accident adds additional challenges for investigators. The sooner you seek legal counsel, the sooner your attorney could get to work determining how the collision occurred.
Over time, pieces of evidence can disappear, such as black box data and traffic camera footage. Eyewitnesses’ testimony can also become less reliable with the passage of time. By seeking out this evidence while it is fresh, your attorney can prove fault, liability, and negligence.
The State Gives You a Limited Time to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit
If you wait too long to pursue a lawsuit following a truck accident, you could lose the right to seek damages. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 notes that you generally have two years to file an injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
If you file your case after the statute expires, the courts could deny your case. This could mean disastrous things for your claim. By connecting with Domingo Garcia as soon as possible, we can start building your case. We can also comply with other state-mandated deadlines.
Your Truck Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth Will Manage Your Injury Case
Our law firm is dedicated to advocating for injured people like you. Our years of experience have given us keen insight into pursuing justice in truck accident cases. We are prepared to handle your case from beginning to end, guiding you through each phase of the legal process.
We Give Honest Advice About Your Case
While our lawyers will advocate for what you need, final legal decisions are always in your hands. Yet, to make these decisions, you need as much information as possible. For instance, if you get an offer from the insurance company, we can explain whether it meets your needs. If you have to give a statement during depositions, we can advise you on what to say.
We want you to understand everything about your case as it moves forward. If you’re ever confused about your next steps or need advice, your lawyer is ready to help.
We Will Investigate the Accident
Before our attorneys can file your claim or lawsuit, we must understand how the accident happened. Our attorneys are prepared to investigate your collision’s details and determine who is responsible.
We may find and use the following information to supplement your case:
- The accident report
- Eyewitness testimony
- Accident reconstruction data
- The trucker’s logbook
- The truck’s black box data
- Forensic evidence
- Dash cam or traffic camera footage
With the information we find, we aim to establish:
- Another party caused your accident.
- You suffered serious injuries.
- You deserve compensation for your accident-related damages.
We Will Negotiate a Settlement With the Liable Insurance Company
Truck accident cases frequently conclude with a mutual settlement agreement. With these agreements, the injured party waives their right to sue. Yet, while many cases end with settlements, it takes time to achieve that outcome.
When negotiating a settlement, your truck accident attorney will present your damages’ cost, review the liable policy, and assert fault for the collision. Then, if the insurance company offers a settlement, they can explain whether it meets your needs.
We May Litigate Your Case
We may file a lawsuit for many different reasons. For instance, the insurance company may refuse to settle. It may blame you for the accident and complicate matters. When that happens, we may file a lawsuit against the at-fault party.
This requires taking depositions, cross-examining witnesses, and presenting a compelling argument. As noted, it also requires filing your case within the statute of limitations.
Considerations After a Truck Accident in Fort Worth, Texas
You want to do everything possible to resolve your case. Some post-accident considerations that could bolster your claim or lawsuit include:
Seeking Prompt Medical Care
It is vital that you seek medical treatment after a truck accident. Doing so:
- Prevents your condition from worsening. Ignoring your injuries and living your life as usual could exacerbate your condition. By seeking medical care, you get treatment and move toward maximum medical improvement (MMI).
- Makes a connection between your accident and your injuries. You want to show the insurance company that the accident caused your injuries. That way, it’ll have less reason to dispute your claim.
- Supplies information to prove your case. Your imaging scans, lab test results, and doctors’ testimony can support your right to damages. Without seeking medical care, we won’t have these items to build your case.
Many people forgo medical care because they’re concerned about how much it costs. Yet, through a successful claim or lawsuit, you can recoup the funds you need to get treatment.
Following Your Doctor’s Treatment Plan
It’s not enough to seek medical care after your collision; you should also follow your doctor’s instructions. This may require:
- Taking all medications as prescribed
- Limiting your physical activity
- Attending therapy appointments and follow-up doctors’ appointments
- Visiting specialists
- Taking time off work
You don’t want the insurance company to accuse you of worsening your ailments. You want to show that you did everything possible to improve your condition. That way, we can fight for a fair outcome to your injury case.
Keeping Information About Your Case Between You and Your Lawyer
Only you, your immediate family members, and your lawyer need to know about your accident. Here are some considerations:
- Anything you share online could discredit your case. For instance, an old photo of you water-skiing could refute the severity of your present condition.
- The insurance company is not advocating for you. The insurance company may ask for a recorded statement. It may even say, “This is your chance to tell your side of the story.” This is a lie. Instead, anything you share could hurt your case later on. Your lawyer from Domingo Garcia will give the insurance company all basic information.
We encourage you to keep all case-specific details private.
Tracking Your Injury-Related Losses
Domingo Garcia wants to recover compensation for your truck accident-related losses. We will consult with field experts to learn about what you’re owed. We’ll also calculate your invoices and billing statements.
To help us arrive at an accurate value for your case, we encourage you to track your losses. This involves keeping medical bills, property damage receipts, and documentation of other out-of-pocket expenses.
Thinking About Hiring an Injury Lawyer in Tarrant County, TX
Seeking legal counsel is an important decision. The sooner you talk to an attorney, the sooner you can protect your rights. Moving forward with a personal injury lawsuit on your own could quickly overwhelm you. Instead, allow a representative from Domingo Garcia to manage your case’s obligations.
Different Parties Could be Liable for Your Injuries
There are many parties that could share fault for a truck accident. Yet, the identity of these parties might not be immediately obvious.
An important part of our attorneys’ work is to determine who is liable for your injuries. If multiple parties are at fault, you could pursue legal action against each of them. This includes not only the truck driver but the other parties responsible for the accident, as well. Some at-fault parties in your case may include:
The Truck Driver
Most truck accidents result from human error. When a trucker’s negligence causes a collision, they could face civil liability for any damages they cause. A trucker can cause a collision by:
- Driving too fast for roadway conditions
- Operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while fatigued
- Texting while driving
- Following other drivers too closely
When a truck driver’s negligence leads to an accident, you have the right to sue them for damages. You might also have the right to sue other parties, including their employer.
The Trucking Company
As noted, when a trucker causes an accident, you can pursue damages from their employer. This is possible through a doctrine called respondeat superior. Here, you can hold an employer responsible for their employee’s actions.
Sometimes, trucking companies directly cause collisions. For instance, a trucking company may impose unreasonable delivery schedules, forcing truckers to drive while fatigued. They may also fail to consult a trucker’s driving history and unknowingly hire someone with a history of drunk driving.
Trucking companies typically have more financial resources than individual motorists. So, a claim or lawsuit against these parties can provide coverage for your losses.
A Truck Manufacturer
The manufacturers of trucks and truck parts can also face liability following an accident. Many accidents would not occur but for defects involving the commercial vehicles involved.
Some common defects that can lead to accidents include braking system failure, tire blowouts, and steering system failure. These cases are complex. Yet, if a faulty or defective product caused your collision, our lawyers can file a product liability lawsuit.
There are additional parties that could be liable for your truck accident. For example, a shipping company could be responsible for overloading a truck’s trailer.
Mechanics could also be liable for accidents. If a mechanic is negligent in repairing or inspecting a commercial vehicle, they could be liable for damages. Our team will evaluate your case from multiple angles to determine who should pay for your losses. If more than one party owes you damages, we can seek compensation from each of them.
Federal Safety Regulations Are Vital for Keeping the Roads Safe
The trucking industry is heavily regulated at the federal level. These regulations are handed down by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). Federal regulations cover many aspects of trucking, including how long one can drive in a single period. Here are some mandates the FMCSA has implemented:
- Commercial drivers that drive between different states must be at least 21 years old. They must also have valid licensure and understand how to operate large trucks of different sizes.
- Hours of Service, or HOS regulations, are designed to prevent driver fatigue. These regulations limit the amount of time truck drivers can operate a vehicle on both a daily and weekly basis. Drivers must not exceed a 14-hour on-duty period, and they cannot drive more than 70 hours during an eight-day period.
- There are also federal regulations regarding drug and alcohol use. This includes mandatory drug and alcohol testing for all operators of commercial vehicles. These tests can be scheduled, but they are also conducted at random.
Trucking companies must do everything possible to keep their drivers (and other road users) safe.
Common Violations of Federal Safety Regulations
There are many regulations that apply to commercial truck drivers – and countless ways to violate these regulations. Some of the most common violations include:
- Driving with unauthorized passengers
- Driving while texting
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Failing to keep appropriate logs or records
- Violating HOS regulations
- Failing to wear a seatbelt
- Moving violations, like speeding or reckless driving
This isn’t an exhaustive list of factors that may have caused your condition. Still, even if you don’t see your accident’s cause listed above, we’re ready to fight for you.
Talk to a Fort Worth Truck Accident Lawyer About Your Legal Options Today
Commercial truck accidents can be traumatic events. If you were hit by a large truck and suffered serious injuries, it could alter the course of your life forever. Despite this trauma, it could be possible to restore your quality of life by successfully pursuing a personal injury case.
Domingo Garcia is ready to fight for fair compensation following your truck accident. We are ready to pursue a fair outcome. If you are ready to discuss your options with a Fort Worth truck accident lawyer, reach out as soon as possible for a free consultation.