If you live or work in Tyler, Texas or the Longview area, by now, you may know just how dangerous roads like Highway 110 and Grande Boulevard are. The cities of Tyler, Longview, and the surrounding areas have been riddled with collision after collision and death after death to the point that the City of Tyler has undertaken studies of Grande Boulevard to assess the safety improvements it needs to make.
Our hope is that you don’t know personally how hazardous and fatal these roads can be, but the reality is that most of us have either been in an accident on the streets of Tyler or know of someone who has. If you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident in the Tyler area, you can turn to Domingo Garcia.
A local Tyler car accident lawyer on our team can get you the compensation you and your family need to begin rebuilding your lives. We’ll guide you through the basics of a car accident claim in Texas when you call us for a free consultation. It’s also an opportunity to ask us questions you may have.
You Pay Nothing for Your Tyler Car Accident Attorney Unless We Win Your Case
Our Tyler and Longview area car accident law firm is dedicated to serving our community. As a part of our client-centric approach to legal service, we offer you our guarantee that you will not pay any upfront legal fees, court costs, or out-of-pocket expenses for building your car accident case.
We Work on a Contingency Fee Basis
Our firm partners with you through a contingency agreement. We cover all the expenses related to your car accident claim, like your medical treatment, and you only pay us back if and when we win you compensation. Even then, there is no out-of-pocket expense; our payment is taken as a predetermined percentage of the financial award we recover on your behalf.
No Risks and No Financial Barriers to Justice at Our Firm Serving Tyler and Longview, TX
What that also means is that if we don’t win, you don’t owe us anything. We eliminate all the risks and obstacles of receiving legal help after your life-changing car accident in Tyler. Our focus is on seeing justice served and protecting your rights. We are confident in our ability to do that.
For a free legal consultation with a car accidents lawyer serving Tyler, call (903) 593-4545
A Car Crash in Tyler Can Have an Immeasurable Impact on Your Life
Physical injuries can be life-threatening and catastrophic, leaving you debilitated or disabled. Brain injuries, back, and spinal cord injuries, broken bones, and dislocated joints can shave years off your life, reduce your functioning capacity, leave you in agonizing pain, and result in extensive medical bills.
You May Not Be Able to Work or Support Your Family
With such injuries, working is not an option or a possibility. Performing your usual duties around the house comes to a halt. Your ability to keep up with your other financial obligations and living expenses also suffers. If your financial situation continues to devolve, it may not be long before you cannot maintain supporting yourself and your family.
The Physical and Financial Burden of Your Tyler Car Accident May Fall on Your Family
The entire situation creates an extra burden for your loved ones who may be tasked with taking care of you and making up the lost income. All this only adds to the overwhelming stress you feel from the car accident, compounding the emotional and mental battles you face as you cope with your injuries and contemplate the impact they will have on your future.
Tyler Car Accident Lawyer Near Me (903) 593-4545
Texas Law Agrees That Tyler Car Accident Victims Should Receive Compensation
None of this should be your responsibility to bear. The negligent driver who caused your car accident must be held accountable. Fortunately, Texas law allows car accident victims to seek damages against the at-fault party under Chapter 41 of the Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code. You are entitled to recover economic and non-economic damages, per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 41.001.
What Are Economic and Non-Economic Damages in Texas?
Economic damages is the term used to describe money given to compensate you for financial losses incurred from a car accident. Economic damages are based on the actual value of the expenses you paid or must pay for something. Medical bills and car repair costs are two examples of economic losses.
To cover the cost of those losses, the liable party in your accident must pay you an amount that equals their value. For example, a $29,000 back surgery equates to $29,000 in economic damages.
Non-economic damages refers to money awarded for the purpose of compensating you for the non-financial losses resulting from your car crash in Tyler or Longview area. These losses are often broadly referred to as “pain and suffering” because they encompass a wide range of painful experiences you might be experiencing after the accident.
Non-economic damages cover your physical, emotional, and psychological pain and suffering and many other intangible losses. For instance, the liable party can compensate you for the lost range of motion in your right hip or the loss of a good night’s sleep due to nightmares of the collision.
There is no price on these things. Who can say what good night’s sleep is worth? A value must be assigned to these types of losses. That’s one of the many areas your Tyler and Longview personal injury lawyer assists you with. Your attorney can assess your non-economic losses and work with professionals to determine a fair financial value that accurately reflects the impact they have on your life.
Click to contact our Tyler Personal Injury Lawyers today
A Tyler Car Accident Attorney Can Help You Recover Financially After a Car Crash
Our Tyler and Longview car accident attorney is passionate about justice and will diligently pursue the money you need and deserve from the insurance company liable for your damages.
We Will Seek Recovery for Your Tyler Car Accident Expenses
An injury lawyer at our firm will fight for you to recover economic damages for losses, such as:
- An ambulance ride from the crash scene
- Medical bills for emergency treatment, surgical procedures, hospital stays, lab tests, X-rays and scans for bone fractures and organ damage, and ongoing doctor’s office visits for your injuries, etc.
- Physical therapy for restoring your movement, flexibility, and functioning after debilitating injuries
- Occupational therapy to help you adapt to performing your daily activities, considering your injuries. Some crash victims might experience mental obstacles or physical challenges returning to necessary or enjoyable activities.
- Lost wages, income, or profits due to missed work or an inability to run your business after the Tyler car crash
- Lost earning potential if you can no longer work in the same capacity. Worldwide, between 20 and 50 million people sustain non-fatal injuries from car accidents, with many suffering a disability as a result.
- Vehicle repair, replacement, or diminished value amount
- Transportation costs since you no longer have a car. This includes car rental costs, rideshare service, taxicab service, public transportation, or payments to friends in exchange for rides.
- Replacement services when your car accident injuries render you unable to perform household tasks like mowing the lawn or cleaning. If you must hire someone, you can recover these expenses.
The above list is not exhaustive. Our Tyler auto accident lawyer will provide greater insight into your recoverable economic damages after they take on your case and evaluate your losses.
We Will Factor in Your Non-Economic Damages
Our car accident injury attorney will seek that you recover the non-economic damages you incurred from the Tyler collision. Depending on the facts of your case, you could recover damages for:
- Physical pain and suffering: This loss covers chronic or acute pain your injuries caused, including neck or back injuries that happen in rear-end collisions and other crashes. The impact of a crash can also cause internal organ damage, broken bones, and amputated limbs.
- Catastrophic injuries: These include traumatic brain injuries (TBIs), spinal cord injuries— which may result in paralysis— or other catastrophic injuries that are common in car accidents.
- Emotional distress and Mental Anguish: A car accident can trigger painful or unpleasant emotional responses. Anger, crying spells, anxiety, depression, self-isolation, and an inability to sleep or eat are among the emotional issues you could experience.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): This condition can include flashbacks, nightmares of the car crash, or anxiety attacks associated with the car, in addition to other symptoms.
- Diminished quality of life: Car accident injury victims lose a significant quality of life when they cannot perform actions independently, experience pain daily, or are bombarded with memories of their crash, for instance.
- Reduced enjoyment of activities: You cannot engage or enjoy once-fulfilling activities.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Our Car Accident Lawyers Serving Tyler and Longview, TX, Will Assess Your Car Accident Damages
The previously mentioned categories of damages might be overwhelming to consider. Calculating and keeping track of them may be difficult while you’re recovering from injuries. Let our Tyler or Longview car accident attorney handle them for you. Our legal team will gather the necessary documentation of your losses.
We Will Track Your Accident-Related Expenses
To build an accurate picture of your economic loss, we collect documentation such as:
- Vehicle repair estimates
- Diminished value calculations to determine your car’s lost value after repairs
- Purchase documentation if you bought a new car
- Car rental, rideshare, or taxi receipts
- Fares for public transportation and logs of rides
- Check stubs, payment invoices, profit-loss statements
- Bank statements, bills, or receipts for incidental expenses and car accident-related costs
- Timesheets and documentation from your job indicating the missed time at work
We Determine a Fair Value for Your Non-Economic Losses
We will assess the value of your non-economic damages differently. Since these losses don’t have an inherent financial value, your car accident attorney will assign one to them. That is a nuanced process that involves the use of experts who have a deep understanding of the injuries and losses resulting from your car crash and how they will affect your life now and in the future.
Our Tyler car accident law firm will tap into the professional opinions and testimony of:
- Medical specialists
- Occupational and physical therapists
- Life care planners who manage car accident victims’ cases
- Psychologists and mental health counselors
We also give special consideration to your personal accounts of your life, abilities, and experiences before and after the collision in Tyler or Longivew, Texas
Among the factors that contribute to your overall non-economic damages are:
- Health status before the car accident
- Extent or severity of your injuries
- Degree of your recovery
- Permanent disability
- Impact on your daily activities
- Level of assistance you require to complete previously independent tasks
- Life expectancy
All the aforementioned factors allow us to understand how your life has been altered because of the car accident. After that, we can demand the amount of money you need to meet your recovery needs.
Our Texas Attorneys Step Up When a Tyler Car Accident Causes Fatal Injuries
When car accidents turn fatal and catastrophic injuries claim the lives of victims, surviving loved ones can take legal action.
If you lost someone dear because of an automobile accident in Tyler or Longview, you have our deepest sympathies. Confronting the grief of this loss is already difficult, but it is especially troubling when you know that the death was preventable.
Our Tyler and Longview car accident injury attorneys want to help you hold the careless driver responsible. Distracted driving, speeding, and unsafe lane changes are avoidable causes of motor vehicle accidents. You never have to settle for just coping.
We offer you a path to justice and closure through a wrongful death lawsuit. Texas empowers the family of car accident wrongful death victims to recover compensation for their immeasurable loss under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 71.002.
Recoverable Damages Under a Texas Wrongful Death Lawsuit
A wrongful death action may be brought if a wrongful act, neglect, carelessness, unskillfulness, or default led to the victim’s death. Under these circumstances, you can claim damages that include:
- Emotional distress
- Medical treatment costs
- Final medical care expenses
- Funeral and burial arrangements
- Loss of services (performed for the home)
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of parental guidance
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of companionship or society
Our personal injury law firm serving Tyler and Longview, Texas, has been fighting for victims and their families for over 35 years. We’ve secured million-dollar awards that have aided families in their healing journey.
The dedication our lawyers give to each client is reflected in a $2,750,000 settlement we achieved for the family of a roadside worker killed in a commercial vehicle accident. It’s results like this that we will work hard to bring you and your loved ones.
Your Tyler Car Accident Attorney Will Fight While You Heal
As you recover from your injuries, you shouldn’t have to concern yourself with the stress of managing a car insurance claim. Domingo Garcia will step in to take care of the entire process from start to finish. There’s nothing you need to worry about except tending to yourself and your family. Leave the rest to us. As we advocate for your fair compensation, we will:
Handle the Insurance Companies
When you initiate an insurance claim without a car accident attorney on your side, insurance companies could have an advantage over you. They know about insurance laws and personal injury claims in Texas, and they are trained to save the company money. Having a strong legal advocate levels the playing field. Law is our passion, and we’ve handled thousands of car insurance claims, so we know their tactics.
When it comes to dealing with insurance companies, we will:
- Push back against false claims of shared fault in your car accident
- Counter every lowball settlement offer
- Manage calls, emails, and meetings with adjusters
- Combat bad faith practices with the law
- Supply necessary paperwork and documentation to support your auto insurance claim and keep the process moving
Ensure You Get Medical Treatment
Fighting for you means ensuring you receive medical care as you pursue compensation. Medical treatment is essential to that. Whether soft tissue injuries, brain injuries or anything in between, if you don’t have the treatment you need, we’ll make sure you get it. Your Tyler car accident lawyer will match you with qualified medical care providers and foot the bill, too.
Investigate to Identify the Negligence That Led to Your Crash
Your claim’s viability is contingent on the evidence proving the opposing party’s fault. A car accident attorney at our law firm serving Tyler and Longview will investigate to identify the cause of your car accident and discover any liable parties.
In many cases, a negligent driver is to blame, but faulty manufacturing or a road defect could also be responsible. We will gather evidence demonstrating negligence to support your claim for compensation. Traffic footage, cell phone video, crash reports, photos, and eyewitness testimony are just a few of the sources we use to find information.
Negotiate a Fair Settlement Agreement
Every inadequate offer from insurance companies or negligent drivers will be met with a counteroffer that demands what you are entitled to receive. We can review each offer and explain the suggested terms. You can approve or reject as you deem fit.
Prepare Your Accident Claim for Court
If negotiations do not progress in the way we hope, you could sue the liable party. Although we work to get you your money as quickly as possible, if a satisfactory settlement agreement cannot be reached, we will not hesitate to represent you at trial.
Get You Results That Make a Difference
The desire to achieve results for our clients drives our personal injury team. In our 35-year history, we have done that countless times for car accident victims like you. As you view some of our successes below, we want you to have confidence in our ability to do the same for you. Our case victories in Texas include the following:
- $3,000,000 settlement or a victim involved in a collision between a motorcycle and a commercial vehicle
- $9,000,000 settlement for a child that was injured when the vehicle he was in was hit by a commercial vehicle.
- $1,000,000 recovery for a victim that suffered multiple orthopedic injuries in a car accident.
Act Quickly to File Your Car Accident Claim in Tyler—Time Is Limited
When car insurance claims stall due to disagreement, your Tyler auto accident lawyer may file a lawsuit on your behalf. Under Texas Civil Practices and Remedies Code § 16.003, the time allowed for seeking compensation through the courts in Texas is just two years from the date of the car accident.
If you’re contemplating seeking damages, act quickly. Conducting investigations, compiling documents, seeking medical treatment, and building cases that can withstand scrutiny at trial is a time-intensive process. It’s important that our injury attorney starts on your Tyler or Longview car accident case right away.
Fatal Car Accidents Increase in Tyler, Texas, as ‘The Streak’ Continues
A Tyler Morning Telegraph article reveals that the entire northeastern region of Texas marks higher on unintentional injury mortality rates than Texas and the United States as a whole. This information comes from the Health Status of Northeast Texas Report, 2021. The report discusses the top causes of death in this region of the state. Unintentional injury is the fourth leading cause of death in Northeast Texas.
Motor vehicle accidents contribute significantly to those rates. They are the leading cause of unintentional injury death in the area. Sadly, the report reveals that in 2019, the mirror vehicle accident death rate in Northeast Texas was 77% higher than in the state of Texas overall.
Unfortunately, fatalities in the Tyler metro area increased substantially in 2021. According to the Tyler Morning Telegraph’s article, the Texas Department of Transportation reported 176 fatal car crashes resulting in 196 car accident deaths among the metro area’s eight counties that include Anderson, Cherokee, Gregg, Henderson, Rusk, Smith, Van Zandt, and Wood counties. Those numbers are up from 2020, when the metro area clocked 152 deadly car wrecks that took 168 people’s lives.
Those statistics don’t account for lives that are indirectly lost because of the accident. For instance, brain injuries that kill injured victims months or years down the line are not counted. The number of deaths that ultimately result from car accidents is likely higher, though those deaths may happen much later.
Among the numbers released, out of those 196 deaths, as reported by KLTV:
- 160 people died in rural traffic crashes
- 65 deaths occurred in single-vehicle, run-off-the-road crashes
- 42 people died in head-on crashes
- 41 people died in intersection-related accidents, nearly 21% of all traffic fatalities in the Tyler metro area
- 35 deaths were related to speed
- 15 people died in crashes involving distracted driving
- 33 people died in collisions where driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs was a factor
The above numbers reflect a total greater than 196 due to some of the fatalities having multiple contributing factors.
A Tyler Car Accident Attorney at Domingo Garcia Will Be Your Voice for Justice
Regardless of the contributing factors, a Tyler and Longview car accident lawyer is prepared to argue your case and get you the money you need and deserve. If you’re facing catastrophic injuries or the death of a loved one from an unexpected but highly preventable collision in the Tyler-Longview area, you don’t have to suffer in silence.
Let Domingo Garcia be your voice. Call us right now for a free case evaluation. We are ready to start working on your recovery today.
Call or text (903) 593-4545 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form