For many, driving a car is as routine as eating and drinking. However, driving still comes with various risks. If you encounter a reckless driver, or if your car contains a defective part, you could end up in an accident, suffer catastrophic injuries, and lose the lifestyle you once enjoyed.
A Texas car accident lawyer from our firm understands the devastating impact of these collisions and would like to help. If you suffered a collision like the one listed above, Domingo Garcia wants to hear from you. We are skilled and prepared to aggressively pursue the at-fault party in your personal injury case and fight for the money you need and deserve.
Our Texas Car Accident Lawyers Offer Free Case Reviews
You may have many questions about partnering with our legal team – and we are ready to answer them during your free case review. This conversation allows us to ease your anxieties and explore your legal options.
You can get the answers to:
- How long could it take to recover compensation?
- What are the benefits of partnering with a car accident lawyer in Texas?
- What laws apply to my case?
- Can I recover damages even if I contributed to the collision?
- How can I receive medical treatment with no payments owed unless I recover a money settlement?
There is no obligation to partner with us when you call. This is simply your opportunity to learn about partnering with Domingo Garcia.
Main Texas City Locations We Service For Car Accident Cases
We Encourage You to Consider Prompt Legal Action
- You generally have two years to file your personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit.
- Failure to follow this deadline could invalidate your right to damages.
Some instances could extend your two-year filing deadline. For instance, if you were involved in a hit-and-run, the statute of limitations could pause while law enforcement finds the other driver. Our Texas car accident lawyers will manage your case’s deadline and everything it entails.
Prompt Legal Action Preserves Time-Sensitive Evidence
Your injury case needs evidence to succeed. Some pieces of evidence will not remain available forever. For instance, if traffic or store surveillance camera footage captured your accident, the recording may only last a few weeks before it’s overwritten. Eyewitnesses may forget certain things, and forensic evidence could erode over time.
By connecting with our team as soon as possible, we can gather time-sensitive evidence and use this information to bolster your claim.
Our Attorneys Can Help You Seek These Losses After Your Texas Car Accident
Terms like “damages,” “compensation,” “recovery,” and “reimbursement” amount to roughly the same thing in a car accident case; they refer to the money you’re requesting from the liable party.
After evaluating your case, our team can seek:
Non-Economic Damages (or Non-Financial Losses)
A car accident could entitle you to non-economic damages, or money for the physical and emotional pain you have gone through. Specific examples of non-economic damages include:
- Pain and suffering, or the physical and psychological distress caused by the traumatic nature of the accident itself or the injuries it caused
- Disability, if you suffered severe injuries that will either take a long time to heal or will never completely heal
- Reduced quality of life, if you can no longer live independently, move without pain, pursue a career, and so on
- Disfigurement, which reflects the hardship of having scarring or limb loss
- Loss of consortium, if your injuries negatively affect your spousal relationship
Economic Damages (Financial Losses)
In addition to non-economic damages, you could seek:
- Loss of wages. You can pursue the income and job benefits your injuries prevented you from earning.
- Loss of earning capacity. Your injuries may permanently affect your earning power. If so, we can include this loss in your claim’s overall value.
- Loss of employment. Similar to loss of earning capacity, your injuries may have caused you to lose your job or step away from your career.
- Medical expenses. The liable party should pay for your necessary medical expenses, not you. This can include reimbursement for surgeries, doctors’ visits, and medications.
- Property damage. This accounts for the money you spent repairing or replacing your car, as well as any money spent on towing, rental services, or public transportation.
Wrongful Death-Related Damages (if You Lost a Loved One)
- Loss of financial support, i.e., the deceased’s lost income that could have supported their dependent relatives
- Loss of companionship, i.e., the emotional and spiritual benefits you enjoyed by having the deceased in your life and that you have lost with their passing
- End-of-life expenses, i.e., the money you spent on cremation, a casket, the funeral service, settling the deceased’s estate, and so on
You can also pursue any accident-related out-of-pocket expense your loved one spent before their passing. We know that losing a loved one comes with many challenges outside of the legal system. Right now, you should focus on your friends and family. In the meantime, we’ll champion your right to damages.
How Much Are My Damages Worth After a Texas Car Accident?
In past cases, we have won as much as $1 million or even $ 9 million for victims of Dallas and Houston motor vehicle accidents. Generally speaking, the amount you receive depends on:
- The severity of your injuries and losses
- How many injuries and losses you sustained
- Whether the injuries will cause long term or even permanent problems
- The strength of your case
- Whether you share any responsibility for the car accident
Before we can tell you how much your own case is worth, we would have to investigate your case, create a complete list of your injuries, and calculate the “value” of each.
A Liable Insurance Company Could Pay for Your Damages
In most cases, the liable party’s insurance company is responsible for paying any damages caused by its client’s reckless behavior. As the Texas Department of Insurance (TDI) explains, all Texas drivers must have a policy that offers:
- $30,000 per injured person
- $60,000 for injuries per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
Other liable parties, such as the trucking companies, company owned vehicles or auto manufacturers, may also carry insurance to cover lawsuits filed against them. We understand pursuing damages from a large organization may feel intimidating. Yet, you won’t even have to communicate with these entities when Domingo Garcia advocates for you.
What Happens if the Liable Party Doesn’t Pay for My Losses?
If the party responsible for your accident refuses to offer a fair and reasonable settlement or has insufficient insurance, you have legal options. We may attempt to resolve your case by:
- Filing a claim with your own insurance company (if you purchased uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage)
- Filing a claim with another liable party
- Filing a lawsuit directly against the at-fault party
Whether you are just starting the claims process or have been negotiating for a while, we’re ready to step in and help.
How We Handle Car Accident Cases in Texas
Domingo Garcia has spent the past 35 years fighting for car accident victims and their families. Our team helps people throughout Texas by:
- Collecting supporting evidence: Our team can look into every aspect of your case, including who caused it and how serious the consequences were. Along the way, we can gather documentation to prove your case.
- Figuring out how the accident happened: The evidence we collect can tell us who you should sue (a driver, a manufacturer, or someone else) and what a fair settlement looks like in your case.
- Sending out demand letters: We can alert the liable party and their insurance company to your lawsuit and tell them how much you want. Our team can also handle all communications with the other parties throughout your case.
- Submitting legal paperwork: For instance, we can draw up the settlement agreement, exchange evidence with the liable party, or submit trial exhibits to a judge.
- Negotiating a settlement: We can sit down with the liable party’s insurance company and persuade it to settle.
- Fighting for you in court: If negotiating a settlement is not feasible, we can instead take your car accident case to trial and persuade a jury that you deserve damages.
How We Take Care of Your Injury Case
Our firm takes care of both you and your case. You can expect us to:
- Defer attorney’s fees: Our clients never pay a cent in attorney’s fees until they have received compensation for their damages.
- Arrange Medical Care with No Charge unless there is a recovery: if you have health insurance or workers compensation insurance we will help you arrange treatment. But many of our clients do not have health insurance, so we connect them with doctors and clinics that will defer asking for payment until a money settlement is reached.
- Offer a free consultation: Anyone can pick up the phone and tell us about their crash. In return, a member of our team will explain how Domingo Garcia can help.
- Offer services in Spanish (if desired): Members of our team speak Spanish and would be happy to assist you in that language, if that is your preference.
- Update you frequently: You deserve to know what is happening with your car accident case at all times. We contact you after each new development.
- Offer professional advice: We know how hard it is to process an accident and navigate the legal system at the same time. You can rely on us to provide the information and advice you need to get through this difficult time.
We offer customized legal services that meet your situation.
We Can Represent Your Family if You Lost a Loved One
There aren’t many differences between personal injury cases and wrongful death cases. They each involve similar steps—finding evidence, negotiating a settlement – and the main difference is in the types of compensation you can recover.
Whether your car accident caused a catastrophic injury, a fatal injury, or both, Domingo Garcia wants to help.
What to Know About Seeking Damages from an Insurance Claim
Without legal help, you could face managing the claims process alone. This can be a huge undertaking – especially if you’ve never filed an accident claim before. We’re eager to guide you through the claims process and share what to expect.
For starters, after the collision, your insurance company and the other party’s insurance company will:
- Conduct an investigation into how the accident happened and who is responsible
- Want to know if they will have to pay out any damages and how much
- Hope to settle your case for as little money as possible
This last point is especially critical for you to remember. Insurance companies may try a variety of tactics to reduce the amount they have to pay out following a car accident, including:
- Getting a statement from you and then picking it apart, searching for any phrase they can use to deny payment
- Scrutinizing public comments you have made about the accident, including social media posts or conversations with reporters
- Offering a fast settlement that does not meet your current or expected needs
- Implying that the lowball settlement is their final offer, and you risk receiving no compensation at all if you refuse to take it
The Insurance Company May Reach Out to You After the Collision
After the accident, you will probably get a call from an insurance adjuster from your own insurance company and the liable party’s. The adjuster is the one who conducts investigations after events like car accidents. They may ask you if:
- They can examine your car and any documentation related to the accident
- You’re willing to provide a recorded statement about what happened before, during, and after the collision
- You’re willing to accept a settlement that accounts for basic damages (but not pain and suffering and future hardships)
Cooperating with the insurance adjusters is necessary if you want compensation; failure to comply could discredit your case. However, you do not have to speak to them without legal protection. We will manage all text messages, emails, and phone calls from the liable insurance company.
Your Car Accident Lawyer from Domingo Garcia Will Advocate for What You Need
Domingo Garcia can serve as a buffer between you and the insurance companies. When the phone rings (or your phone dings), you can tell the insurance company to contact your lawyer.
One of our Texas car accident lawyers can then:
- Attend all meetings involving the insurance adjuster
- Prevent you from answering “loaded” or incriminating questions
- Take all phone calls and emails from the insurance companies
- Gather whatever materials the adjuster asks for
- Explain whether any settlement offers meet your needs
We Advocate for Texans Who Have Suffered These Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries can range in severity from minor to fatal. If you are lucky, you can literally walk away from the accident with mild, treatable injuries like:
- Shallow cuts
- Minor, temporary pain
Not everyone is so fortunate as to escape collisions with a few bumps and bruises. According to a report by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), nearly 240,000 Texans sustained car accident injuries in 2021. Of these, almost 20,000 people sustained “serious” or “incapacitating” injuries, which include:
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Any injury leading to amputation or organ removal
- Loss of sight, hearing, or another sense
- Bone fractures
- Deep cuts or lacerations
- Paraplegia or quadriplegia
Such severe injuries could have fatal outcomes, either right away or after unsuccessful medical treatment. If your loved one lost their life in a car accident, we can help you file a wrongful death case against the at-fault party.
Where do Texas Car Accidents Happen?
According to another TxDOT report, these cities saw the most collisions in 2021:
- Houston: 66,988 accidents
- San Antonio: 38,461 accidents
- Dallas: 35,355 accidents
- El Paso: 15,623 accidents
- Fort Worth: 14,679 accidents
The numbers are unsurprising; these cities are among Texas’s largest, so it makes sense that so many of the state’s accidents occur there.
More specifically, the TxDOT found that fatal accidents were more likely to occur:
- At certain times of the year: August and October of 2021 saw more fatal accidents than any other month. September and December are also “dangerous” months.
- On the highway: U.S. and state highways were by far the most common scenes of fatal accidents, followed by interstates.
- To men: Male drivers were two times as likely to face fatal injuries than women.
- To younger drivers: Drivers in their late teens or in their twenties are most likely to suffer fatal injuries in collisions.
In short, a severe Texas car accident is most likely to happen on high-speed roadways in or around a large city in the latter half of the year. Young men are the most likely victims of fatal accidents. Don’t worry if your situation doesn’t fit into these parameters; our team stands ready to lend a helping hand.
We Will Determine the Cause of Your Car Accident in Texas
It’s vital that we learn the cause of your car accident. This allows us to determine who should pay for your losses. A lawyer from Domingo Garcia can investigate your case to identify possible at-fault parties, such as:
There are all too many ways for a driver to make a catastrophic mistake, including:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Driving too fast for roadway conditions (for example, if it is raining heavily, even following the posted speed limit may be unsafe)
- Drinking or taking another drug before driving
- Driving while drowsy
- Using their cell phone, tuning the radio, daydreaming, or indulging in another distraction while driving
- Following the vehicle in front of them too closely (also known as tailgating)
- Ignoring traffic signs, including stop or yield signs
- Succumbing to road rage, becoming angry, or threatening other drivers
Such errors could be committed by the drivers of any motor vehicle, including cars, trucks, and motorcyclists. All of them have an equal responsibility to look out for themselves and others on the road.
A Company That Owns the Vehicle or Employs the Driver
In Texas, employers have a duty to hire competent drivers and to maintain a safe work environment. This includes maintaining company vehicles. Employers are required to make sure employees who drive vehicles as a part of their job duties are legally licensed to drive and are well-trained and following safe driving practices.
If you were injured by a driver who was working at the time of the accident, their employer may have breached that duty, making them legally liable for your damages. An example of this could be a delivery driver who was under the influence or a courier who was speeding and driving recklessly.
Other Roadway Users
Bicyclists and pedestrians have just as much right to use the roadway as motorists—and just as much responsibility to follow the law while doing so. They could cause a serious accident if they:
- Fail to respect traffic signs and signals
- Enter the roadway when they do not have the right of way and/or without warning
- Use alcohol or drugs that impair their judgment
- Change directions suddenly or without warning
- Fail to use a designated walkway or bike lane
A Vehicular Manufacturer
Every time you use your car, you assume that it will operate as intended. For example, when you press the brake pedal, you expect your car to stop. If something goes wrong with your vehicle, who is responsible? That depends on the malfunction’s cause. Consider these examples:
- If there is an inherent flaw in an auto part, and if the part’s manufacturer knew (or should have known) about the flaw, then the manufacturer is responsible.
- If the driver’s mechanic should have found the flaw in the normal course of their job but failed to find or mention it to the driver, then the mechanic is responsible.
- If the at-fault driver’s car malfunctioned and caused the accident, we can investigate and determine which party (a manufacturer, a mechanic, or the driver) is responsible.
We Are Accepting Car Accident Cases Now
A car accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can pursue compensation on your behalf. We are not afraid to negotiate with insurance companies or even take your case to court. Call today for a free case review. We proudly serve multiple communities throughout Texas.