David Stone is an Associate Attorney for the Law Office of Domingo Garcia in Dallas. David was born and raised in Dallas, Texas. As a member of his high school swim team, he also carried newspapers for the Dallas Times Herald and the Dallas Morning News. He worked for ten years in the construction industry as a carpenter and a cabinet maker. An industrial accident changed his life’s work from making fine woodwork to representing persons injured by the wrongful conduct of others.
While in law school, he competed in Moot Court, served as Articles Editor of the South Texas Law Review and regularly competed at the world famous Alkek Velodrome in Houston. Since becoming an attorney, he raised three sons, coached their sporting teams and served as a scout leader at all levels. As an Assistant Scoutmaster in Saint Patrick’s Troop 719, he became a climbing instructor and served as a Pit Pop for the Lake Highlands Marching Band. David volunteers for the Texas Lawyers Assistance Program and served as president of the Dallas Lawyers Concerned for Lawyers.
David is passionate about taking low quality photographs of dinner to post on social media, once raced in an amateur bicycle race against Lance Armstrong, smoked a cigar with Guy Charbonneau (Brendon Morrow’s father-in-law) and got Emmitt Smith’s autograph on a napkin.
- Personal Injuries (MVA & 18 wheeler collisions)
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Negligence
- Texas, 1992
- U.S. District Court – Northern District of Texas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, J.D., 1992
- Law Review: South Texas Law Review, Articles Editor, 1990-92
- Honors: Order of the Lytae, Vice Praetor
- Honors: Best Article, Non-specific Category, 1992 – [Secured Creditor Exemption to Liability under C.E.R.C.L.A.]
- Honors: ABA National Appellate Advocacy Competition, 1992
- Honors: William F. Starr International Moot Court Competition, 1991
- Member: Phi Alpha Delta
University of Texas at Dallas, Richardson, Texas, B.A., 1989
- Member: Alpha Kappa Psi, Pledge Class President, 1987