Were you injured while riding your bicycle? You may now be facing costly medical bills and permanent disabilities that may affect your career. You do not have to handle a legal case alone.
A Texas bicycle accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can help. Our personal injury lawyers have offices throughout the state and can help you fight for the money you need to rebuild after a devastating accident.
We Fight for Bicycle Accident Survivors
For 35 years, Domingo Garcia has been helping people just like you recover compensation after catastrophic personal injuries. We can also file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a loved one.
Our entire team works hard for each and every client. We do not hesitate to do whatever we can, including:
- Speaking to you in your language of choice (English or Spanish)
- Collecting evidence to show the bicycle accident was not your fault and that you have sustained severe injuries because of it
- Tracking down the party who caused your accident, whether they are an individual like a driver or a large company like a bicycle manufacturer
- Calculating how much your bike accident injuries entitle you to recover in physical, mental, and financial damages
- Asking the at-fault party’s insurance company to pay what you deserve in a timely manner
- Negotiating with the insurer for fair compensation based on the injuries you sustained and their client’s actions
- Taking the at-fault party to court and explaining to a jury why they should pay for the damage they did in your bicycle accident
If you are concerned about the cost of hiring legal representation, please do not let that stop you from calling our office. We can make our services more affordable by:
- Offering a free case evaluation, even if you ultimately decide not to hire us
- Covering your medical costs through our own insurer until your case is complete
- Charging no attorney’s fees upfront—we can start working on your bike accident case without any such payment from you
- Never charging attorney’s fees if we cannot get you compensation
Our Texas Bicycle Accident Attorneys Can Seek Damages for You
How much can the at-fault party pay you for a bike accident? That depends on how much money you lost due to:
- Medical expenses: Bicycles offer little protection to their riders, so bike accidents can inflict debilitating injuries that cost a lot to treat, such as head injuries, spinal cord injuries, or nerve damage.
- Loss of income: The more serious your bike accident injury is, the more time you may have to take off from work. You might even have to permanently reduce working hours or find a new line of work.
- Loss of employment: The kinds of severe injuries bike accidents can inflict may also force you to leave your job or quit working completely.
Your settlement may also increase or decrease based on the type of injuries you sustained. You could receive compensation for:
- Pain and suffering: The more severe the injury, the more physical distress and emotional trauma it may cause. Even the bike accident itself could be a source of fear and anguish.
- Disability: Some bike accidents are too serious to ever fully recover from. You could seek compensation based on either physical or intellectual disabilities.
- Reduced quality of life: Maybe you have been forced to rely on loved ones to take care of yourself or your dependents, or maybe you can never ride a bicycle again. Either way, you deserve compensation.
Other types of compensation may be available for wrongful death victims.
We help clients fight for whatever amount accurately reflects all of their losses.
Protecting Yourself from Bicycle Accidents
Bicycling has become more popular in recent years for several reasons: it is better for the environment, it is a fun way to exercise, and bikes do not require expensive gasoline. However, there is one potential downside: getting in an accident without a sturdy car to protect you.
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) keeps track of accidents involving “pedalcycles,” which TxDOT defines as “a non-motorized vehicle propelled by pedaling.” The primary example of a pedalcycle is a bicycle.
In 2021, pedalcyclists in Texas experienced:
- A total of 2,265 collisions
- 332 “suspected serious injuries,” where they sustained catastrophic injuries to their back, head, internal organs, or other body parts
- 90 fatalities, where they passed away at the scene or after receiving unsuccessful medical care
Everyone has a role to play in making the roadway safe for bicyclists. For example:
- As a bicyclist, you can protect yourself by always wearing a helmet, keeping your bike in good condition, and remaining alert whenever you ride.
- As a driver, you can keep an eye out for cyclists and give them a wide berth.
- As a manufacturer, you can test your bike or car products thoroughly before selling them, and you can recall them at the first sign of a dangerous flaw.
- As the local government, you can make sure the road is in reasonably good repair and advocate for safer bicycle paths.
Sadly, these measures are not always enough to prevent an accident or to keep you from being seriously injured if an accident happens. If you have suffered because someone else was careless or negligent, a Texas bicycle accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can help. We are just a phone call away.
Work With Our Texas Bicycle Accident Team
We encourage all Texas residents who were involved in a bicycle accident to call our firm as soon as possible. A member of our team will tell you more about how Domingo Garcia can assist you with your case. Best of all, our firm’s lawyers never bill for attorney’s fees until after you get your money.