More and more people rely on Uber and similar rideshare services as an alternative to public transit or private vehicles. Uber drivers, however, are as human as anyone else. You could pay the price when they make a mistake behind the wheel. An Uber accident can lead to catastrophic injuries or cause the death of a loved one.
To fight for the compensation you deserve after an Uber accident, you can put your case in the hands of a Texas Uber accident lawyer from our firm. We start helping our clients without charging any fees upfront.
Domingo Garcia has a long history of representing those injured or killed in accidents caused by Uber and other rideshare companies.
Personal Injury Damages You Can Recover After a Texas Uber Accident
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), one person was injured in a car accident every two minutes and twelve seconds in 2021. This includes people injured in rideshare accidents.
If you suffered injuries in an Uber accident, you could receive compensation for the accident’s effects. The damages our Texas rideshare accident lawyers can help you recover include:
- Medical expenses, such as ambulance rides, surgeries, and medications you paid for because of the Uber accident, including costs for future medical care
- Pain and suffering related to your Uber accident injuries
- Lost or reduced income, if the Uber accident prevents you from working or returning to the same job
- Mental anguish and emotional distress, if the Uber crash affected your psychological health
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life, if you are unable to enjoy the things you did before the Uber crash
- Property damage if the Uber accident damaged your vehicle
Wrongful Death Damages from Uber Accidents in Texas
Some Uber accidents can turn deadly. You could file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lose a loved one because of an Uber accident.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the following losses:
- If you relied on your loved one’s income to support the household, you could sue for the loss of financial support that their passing reflects.
- If you paid to lay your loved one to rest or settle their estate, you could seek repayment for these end-of-life expenses.
- If the accident took your loved one sooner than expected, you could ask for compensation for the loss of companionship.
Our compassionate team of wrongful death attorneys can help you file a claim against the at-fault driver, Uber, or other responsible parties.
Our Attorneys Seek Maximum Compensation for Our Texas Injury Clients
A personal injury lawyer from Domingo Garcia can investigate and evaluate your Texas Uber accident and determine which damages you can pursue. Our law firm has experience recovering multi-million-dollar settlements, even in complex auto accidents involving commercial drivers and rideshare services. Our successful settlements and verdicts include:
- $2.75 million for the family of a worker struck and killed by a commercial vehicle and
- $9,000,000 for a child who suffered a brain injury after being struck by a company truck
Our personal injury law firm knows how to handle injury claims against giant corporations and their insurance companies. We will actively defend your legal right to justice and fair compensation.
Dedicated Personal Injury Representation on a Contingency Fee Basis
During your free consultation, we review your case and determine whether you have grounds to pursue an Uber accident claim. If we decide to take your case, we can aggressively pursue maximum compensation from the at-fault driver and Uber.
We handle our rideshare accident claims on a contingency basis, so you pay nothing upfront for our legal services. Once we achieve a fair settlement for your Uber accident claim, we will retain a portion of the final award.
Who Pays for Your Losses After an Uber Accident?
The rideshare driver who caused your accident and the company they drive for could be responsible for your losses. You should not have to pay for any costs associated with the accident when you weren’t the one who caused it.
As with any accident, you must be able to prove who was at fault by establishing the cause of the accident. You could have grounds for a personal injury claim if the Uber driver was negligent. Examples of Uber driver negligence include:
- Reckless driving
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Aggressive driving or speeding
Domingo Garcia’s skilled Uber accident attorneys can help you establish fault to file an insurance claim with the appropriate carrier. We firmly believe in holding negligent rideshare drivers accountable for the injuries they cause.
Private Insurance vs. Uber Insurance Coverage
After an Uber accident, you have the option to file a claim with the driver’s insurer, the rideshare service’s insurer, or the third-party insurer if another vehicle was involved. The insurance claim you file depends on the driver’s actions and whether they were performing rideshare duties during the crash.
Since a rideshare driver is an independent contractor, determining insurance coverage can be complicated. If the driver was not logged into the rideshare app during the accident, Uber’s provided insurance will typically not apply. In this case, our attorneys would file a claim with the driver’s private auto insurance carrier.
If the driver was logged into the app and waiting for a passenger, Uber’s insurance policy can provide:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
When the driver is logged in to Uber’s app and is on the way to pick up a passenger or has a passenger in the vehicle, Uber’s carrier provides $1,000,000 in insurance coverage. Our Texas Uber accident attorneys can explain more about Uber insurance during your free consultation.
If you were a passenger in an Uber and another car’s driver bears responsibility, you could still make a claim under Uber’s insurance policy if the other driver’s insurance does not cover all your losses.
Establishing a fault in a rideshare situation can be complicated. Contact our Texas personal injury attorneys to learn more about your legal rights following an Uber accident.
Domingo Garcia Can Handle Your Texas Uber Accident Case
When you hire our firm for your Texas Uber accident case, we will handle all the legal tasks for you.
Among the tasks we perform for clients are:
- Providing a free, confidential case review to everyone who calls our office
- Using the language of their choice—either English or Spanish—during consultations
- Examining all available evidence, including traffic cameras, police reports, medical records, medical bills, and witness testimony or video
- Figuring out how much money each client deserves and which parties (Uber, the Uber driver, etc.) are responsible for paying that money
- Meeting with the liable party’s insurance company and negotiating for the amount you know you deserve
- Representing you in court, if we feel that a trial is your best chance of recovering compensation
- Handling all paperwork, from evidence and trial exhibits to demand letters and settlement agreements.
- Handling all communication with the other parties, including Uber, the driver, the insurance companies, and the court
- Answering your questions about the case and giving you advice on how to conduct your case
- Keeping a close eye on your case and contacting you whenever something happens.
- Treating you with respect and compassion during this difficult time
When to File a Texas Uber Accident Lawsuit
If you are considering filing a lawsuit, we encourage you to act quickly because:
- Only cases filed within two years of the accident date are legally valid, as stated in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
- Certain types of evidence may be easier to find—and less likely to be lost forever—if we ask for it right after the Uber accident versus years later.
- You need the money as quickly as possible, and the sooner you start asking for it, the sooner it could be in your pocket.
Giving us sufficient time to build a case is particularly important with Uber accidents. Because of the different parties involved (the rideshare company, drivers, passengers, etc.), Uber accident cases can be more complicated than other types of lawsuits.
Rest assured that the team at Domingo Garcia can handle the challenge of a tough case. Our skilled rideshare lawyers can confidently navigate your Uber accident case regardless of its complexity.
Let Our Texas Legal Team Help You After an Uber Crash
For over 35 years, Domingo Garcia has been helping accident survivors hold reckless and negligent parties responsible for their actions. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Texas Uber accident, our personal injury lawyers can help. Contact us for a free, no-obligation case review today.