If you or a loved one were in a car accident, truck accident, or other auto accident on US Highway 290 in and around Houston, Texas, you may be suffering from severe injuries. Catastrophic injuries from high-speed highway accidents incur extensive medical debt for truck accident and car accident personal injury victims. Unfortunately, your entire family may be feeling these effects.
No matter how hopeless it may feel, our team of US-290 accident lawyers in Texas can help. Our highway accident team will pursue damages to ease the burden of your mounting medical bills and other debts. In the meantime, you can focus on your health and move forward from your accident.
What Damages Can I Collect After a Texas US-290 Accident?
US Highway 290 has undergone continual construction for many years. Construction crews have widened and improved sections of the highway, especially near Austin and Houston. However, other parts haven’t seen much work.
In addition, Highway 290 is a main trucking pathway. As a result of the congestion, construction, and heavy trucks on this major highway, it sees its fair share of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents. Many of these crashes are catastrophic. Thus, victims and their families have significant losses that affect their lives for years to come.
Highway Accidents Result in Serious Injuries
High-speed collisions are more likely to result in severe injuries. Per the World Health Organization (WHO), increasing speed limits correlates to both an increased risk of accidents and severe or fatal injuries. These injuries often include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Chest and lung injuries
- Organ damage
- Limb amputation injuries
- Broken bones and fractures
- Disfiguring injuries
Treating these injuries can be costly. You shouldn’t have to cover these expenses on your own.
Did You Suffer Injuries in the Accident?
As an accident victim, you’re entitled to damages. These could include economic and noneconomic damages such as the following:
- Medical expenses, including bills for emergency care, therapies, medications, medical equipment, and follow-up doctor’s visits
- Property expenses, including the costs of replacing or repairing your vehicle
- Income and work benefits losses
- Reduced earning potential
- Pain caused by your injuries
- Temporary or permanent disfigurement
- Physical impairment
- Mental suffering
- Emotional trauma
- Inability to enjoy daily activities
Did Your Loved One Lose Their Life in the Accident?
If you lost a loved one on US-290, we are sorry for your loss. We know how difficult it can be to cope while you’re still grieving, especially if you lost a financial contributor to the family. As the victim’s loved ones, you and other family members might qualify to recover wrongful death damages, including the following:
- Medical expenses your loved one incurred
- Property expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s financial support
- Funeral and burial/cremation expenses
- Your family’s emotional and psychological trauma
- Loss of consortium
What Can I Expect from a US-290 Accident Lawyer in Texas?
You may qualify for significant damages. However, we must still fight to recover your losses— especially if the at-fault party is a large company or a government agency. These entities have large insurance companies and multiple attorneys protecting their interests.
Why fight these powerful forces alone? Instead, a Texas US-290 accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can take on any insurer and attorney for you. Then, your lawyer will negotiate with insurers or, if necessary, argue your case in court.
You can expect your lawyer to perform the following tasks and more:
- Uncover the liable party: This party could be another driver, the driver’s employer, or a municipality. In addition, multiple parties could share liability. Your lawyer will seek evidence to determine liability in your case.
- Prove liability: To prove liability, your attorney will show how the other party owed you a duty of care (such as a responsibility to drive safely), breached that duty (such as by speeding), and caused the crash and your resulting damages.
- Determine your compensable damages: By yourself, you may have trouble identifying certain damages, such as future losses or personal damages (e.g., pain and suffering). However, your attorney can pinpoint these losses for you, then include them in your demands.
- Place fair values for your losses: Your lawyer will evaluate your losses and place a reasonable value on them. Our team will use a damage evaluation method that insurance companies and other lawyers recognize to make this determination.
- Prove your damages: Our team will use your medical records, accident report, and even testimony from an expert like a truck accident reconstructionist to prove your case.
- Negotiate with the insurer: Your lawyer will demand appropriate compensation for your damages. In addition, they will evaluate any settlement offers and advise you of their worthiness.
- File a personal injury lawsuit: If the insurer doesn’t negotiate in good faith and make a fair settlement offer, your lawyer could sue the at-fault parties before the two-year deadline per Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
- Resolve your case at trial: If your lawyer must take your case to court, they will argue before a judge or jury for a favorable verdict, presenting your evidence and questioning witnesses to prove your case.
We Will Leverage Our 35 Years of Experience in Your US-290 Accident Case
With over 35 years of experience handling cases like yours, our Texas firm knows exactly how to help you. One of our attorneys will leverage this experience in everything they do for you—from helping you find additional medical care to fighting for the compensation you deserve.
To date, our team has recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for clients. We owe much of our success to our lead attorney, Domingo Garcia, who has been recovering million-dollar settlements for car accident victims since 1995. In 2019, we made the Top 50 Personal Injury Settlements list among all Texas firms.
Here are some notable settlements we’ve secured for injured accident victims:
- $8.75 million for a victim of an 18-wheeler truck accident
- $3 million for a motorcycle rider injured by a commercial vehicle driver
- $1.19 million for a truck accident victim who sustained multiple injuries
We hope you’ll allow us to pursue just compensation in your case, too.
Learn More About Your US-290 Accident Attorney in Texas
If you or a loved one suffered an injury or died in an accident anywhere along US Highway 290—from Houston to Austin and Segovia—our firm can help. One of our highway accident attorneys will pursue damages for you, even if it requires suing a trucking company or a municipality for your losses.
Contact Domingo Garcia today for your free consultation and learn more about our team. During your consultation, we’ll review your case with you, advise you about its worthiness, answer your questions, and explain what our team can do for you.