Lyft accidents can cause serious injuries that have an immense impact on your life. Fortunately, you can seek financial relief from the party that caused the accident.
Our Odessa Lyft accident lawyer can help you determine what damages you can recover. We can also help you prove the at-fault party caused your Lyft accident. While you take the time you need to recover, our team will work on building your case.
Damages You Can Recover in Your Odessa, TX Lyft Accident Case
Whether you were a passenger, pedestrian, Lyft driver, or a driver in another vehicle, we can help you. You may have sustained severe injuries and suffered accident-related losses. Our team can help you avoid paying for the cost of these losses by seeking compensation.
An Odessa rideshare accident attorney from our firm can help you identify and determine a value for your damages. Your list of recoverable damages could include:
- Medical bills: You can recover compensation for emergency medical attention (such as for a spinal injury or broken bones), hospital care, medication, physical therapy, occupational therapy, and assistive medical devices.
- Lost income and work-related benefits: This can include income and benefits you can’t bring in during your recovery or indefinitely. You can also recover any lost income-earning potential.
- Property damage: Your compensation could cover repair or replacement if your car sustained damage.
- Non-economic damages: You can recover any intangible losses associated with your accident. This includes pain and suffering, mental anguish, emotional trauma, loss of consortium, scarring and disfigurement, and loss of quality of life you experience.
Our team will investigate your case to determine your recoverable damages.
You Could Recover Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a loved one in an Odessa Lyft accident, please accept our sincerest condolences. We know no amount of money can change what happened, but it can allow you to grieve without worrying about bills and expenses.
When you work with our team, you can demand wrongful death damages for you and your family. Wrongful death damages can include:
- Funeral costs
- Burial or cremation costs
- Loss of spousal support
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of parental support
- Unresolved medical bills
- Your mental anguish
- Your loved one’s physical pain before their loss of life
Liability in Your Odessa, Texas Lyft Accident Case
In your case, the Lyft driver or another party could be liable for your damages. Multiple parties could even be liable. To hold a driver liable, we must prove the following:
- The at-fault party owed you the responsibility of acting carefully, such as by driving safely.
- The party acted negligently, such as by driving while distracted.
- The party’s irresponsible actions caused the Lyft accident.
- You suffered damages, such as injuries, lost wages, or pain and suffering.
Depending on the circumstances of your accident, we might also be able to recover compensation from Lyft’s insurance company.
Your lawyer will use the evidence they have gathered to establish liability. This evidence could be:
- Details in the Lyft app
- Data in the vehicle’s event data recorder
- Details in the police accident report
- Footage from a camera, like a vehicle dash cam or red light camera
- Photos of the scene of the accident
- A statement from a witness of the accident
- A statement from an expert witness, like a car accident reconstructionist
- The Lyft driver’s driving record
- The vehicle’s repair records
How Does Insurance Work When You Are Injured in a Lyft Accident?
The liable party(s) depends partly on the Lyft driver’s status at the time of the accident.
- If the driver was not logged in to Lyft’s app when the crash happened, the driver’s personal insurance applies.
- If the driver was logged in to the Lyft app, but did not have a passenger in their car, then Lyft’s coverage can pay for the accident only if the driver’s coverage does not apply.
- If the driver was logged in to the app and had a passenger in their car, Lyft’s liability insurance would apply. The same coverage would apply if the driver was on their way to pick up a passenger during the time of the accident.
Rideshare insurance negotiations can be complex. Our Odessa Lyft accident lawyer can identify the liable party and communicate with their insurance company for you.
We Can Handle Your Lyft Accident Case With No Upfront Fees
Our team wants to ensure there are no financial barriers to getting legal help. We handle rideshare accident cases on a contingency-fee basis. This means that we charge no retainer or hourly upfront fees. Once you recover compensation, you pay us an agreed-upon percentage of your final settlement or award.
You face no financial risk when you work with our Lyft accident team.
Common Injuries in Lyft Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, over 15,000 car accidents caused serious injuries in 2021. You can recover compensation to pay for the cost of treating injuries such as:
- A traumatic brain injury (TBI) that resulted from the impact of the Lyft accident
- Broken bones you suffered when the negligent driver collided with you
- A spinal cord injury you sustained in the accident
Regardless of how minor you think your injuries may be, it’s important that you see a doctor following a Lyft accident. Even injuries that might not seem significant can lead to greater problems later on.
Contact Us for a Lyft Accident Attorney in Odessa, Texas
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a Lyft accident, you may be facing substantial hurdles. However, our firm can fight for financial relief for you.
Our Odessa accident attorneys have been representing accident victims like you for over 35 years now. Over these years, we’ve been very successful, such as when we recovered $8,750,000 for a truck accident client. You can reach out to us to learn more about working with our Odessa rideshare accident lawyers. Call us today for a free consultation.