How much you will get for a car accident settlement depends on the details of your case and your accident-related losses. Calculating the cost of your damages is more difficult than some might believe, but our team can ensure that you seek the right amount of compensation.
Our firm is ready to review your accident-related damages today. We’ll fight for every dollar that you deserve after you suffer injuries in a car accident.
What Damages do Car Accident Victims Typically Suffer?
Our car accident lawyers have experience representing auto accident victims, so we know what damages these collisions often produce. We’ll create a detailed account of your damages so that we can seek the compensation you deserve.
Recoverable damages in a car accident case may include:
- Medical bills: Those with injuries will, in most cases, receive medical bills. Our firm works to have liable parties cover the cost of those bills.
- Vehicle repairs: If your vehicle suffered damage during your car accident, we’ll include the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle in your case.
- Non-economic damages: Non-economic damages are your intangible losses. Pain and suffering, emotional distress, physical pain, lost quality of life, depression, and scarring and disfigurement are recoverable non-economic damages.
- Professional damages: While lost income is the most common type of professional damage, this category of loss can also include the loss of benefits, bonuses, promotions, and earning power.
If you have lost a loved one because of a car accident, you may suffer additional damages. This includes funeral expenses, grief, lost companionship, lost parental guidance, and lost financial support. We extend our condolences if you have lost a loved one.
Why Is the Value of Each Car Accident Case Different?
Car accident settlement values differ because each case is unique. The National Safety Council (NSC) explains that the severity of injuries alone can affect the cost of a car accident case. Other factors that may affect your settlement value include:
- The specific types of injuries you’ve suffered
- The share of liability for the accident
- The extent of damage to your vehicle
- Your emotional and psychological response to injuries
- The amount of money you earn (which will determine how much income your accident costs)
- Other considerations specific to your case
We treat each case independently, as each case requires a fresh examination of damages. You can trust our team to account for every single one of your accident-related damages, including those that you have yet to experience.
How does a Car Accident Lawyer Seek a Financial Recovery for Their Client?
An attorney handles every step of a car accident case. The end goal is to get the settlement or judgment that the client deserves. Our duties in a car accident case generally include:
Your lawyer will determine who should cover your damages. Potential defendants in a car accident case include:
- A motorist who causes an accident
- A vehicle manufacturer whose defective product causes an accident
- A municipality responsible for dangerous road conditions that cause an accident
Your attorney will consider all relevant details to determine liability for your damages.
Getting Evidence of Negligence
Our team will secure all available evidence of negligence, including:
- Video footage of the car accident
- Witness testimony about how the accident happened
- Expert testimony about the cause of the accident
Each case presents different evidence. If you gather any evidence, bring it to your lawyer. Any evidence you have may strengthen your case.
Our team will prove the nature and extent of your damages. Important documentation may include:
- Medical bills and records
- Images of injuries
- Payment records to show how much income your accident has cost you
- Invoices for vehicle repairs
If any other documentation helps prove your damages, we’ll collect it.
Seeking a Settlement
Your attorney will represent you in settlement negotiations. If successful, your lawyer will resolve your case without going to trial. However, liable parties will likely resist paying you fairly, and our team is ready to fight for a fair settlement.
We’ll also take your case to trial if necessary. We have a long and well-known history of winning results at trial. Many times we have recovered more than the insurance company limits. If an insurance company fails to offer its policy limits before trial, it can be liable for more than its policy limits if a jury returns a higher verdict. This is a complicated area of the law and we can explain how this procedure works in your initial free consultation.
Who Should Hire a Car Accident Lawyer to Seek Compensation for Them?
Anyone who has suffered damages because of a car accident should consider hiring a lawyer. It is no guarantee that insurance companies will pay what you deserve, and lawsuits are sometimes necessary to cover an accident victim’s damages.
Studies and statistics show that on average car accident victims recover more money even after attorneys’ fees are deducted when they are represented by an experienced car accident lawyer.
You deserve to focus on your well-being after suffering injuries or losing a loved one in a car accident. Whether you’re recovering from injuries or mourning a loss, hiring a lawyer can ensure that you don’t face additional stress from a claim or lawsuit.
Call Domingo Garcia Today for a Free Consultation
Once our car accident lawyer has reviewed your case, we can explain how much you should get through a car accident settlement. If you hire us, we will also fight to recover that settlement.
Call Domingo Garcia today for your free consultation.