Were you or someone you love injured in a collision with a big rig in Houston? You could be entitled to financial compensation if someone’s negligent act caused the accident. At Domingo Garcia, we work hard to help injured clients just like you.
Our Houston big rig accident lawyer will collect evidence identifying the at-fault party and document your right to financial recovery. With our legal guidance and support, you can recover the costs of your medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
How We Determine Financial Liability for Houston Big Rig Accidents
A big rig truck accident case often becomes complicated because multiple at-fault parties might bear financial liability, including:
- The big rig driver
- The trucking company
- Truck manufacturer
- Truck parts manufacturer
- Cargo loading companies
- Truck maintenance facilities
To accurately apportion liability, our team will prove each party’s role in contributing to the accident using the four elements of negligence:
- Duty of care: The truck driver owed you a duty of reasonable care.
- Breach of duty: They breached their legal duty and obligation.
- Causation: The accident would not have occurred but for their actions.
- Damages: The monetary expenses and losses you experienced.
You could recover compensation if another person or entity’s negligence caused your truck accident. When our Houston truck accident lawyer represents you, we take on all the at-fault parties and their insurance providers.
The Importance of the Case File Our Big Rig Accident Lawyer Creates for You
Most truck accident cases settle without the time and uncertainty of a trial. Our law firm works hard to achieve this outcome for you. However, insurers typically settle claims based on the strength of the evidence. Thus, we collect the following proof to build the most robust case file possible:
- Your truck accident report: It contains details about the accident, its causes and contributing factors, and notes and diagrams from the investigating officer.
- Medical records and bills: They prove the extent of your injuries and the past, current, and future costs to treat them.
- Employment records: They establish the income you lost due to your injuries and the recovery process.
- Witness statements: Lay and expert witnesses, trucking industry consultants, and accident scene reconstruction experts can provide insights into why the crash happened.
Our legal team takes care of building your case file. We will not tax you or your family with this daunting task.
How We Determine the Monetary Value of Your Houston Case
At Domingo Garcia, our big rig accident lawyer carefully assesses the value of your recoverable damages after a negligence-based accident in Houston. Economic damages include:
- Past and future medical bills
- Past and future lost income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Treatment-related travel expenses
- Property damage or destruction
- Diminished property value
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 41.001, recoverable noneconomic damages include:
- Physical pain and suffering
- Mental or emotional pain or anguish
- Loss of consortium
- Physical impairment
- Loss of companionship and society
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Recovering the appropriate compensation is an essential factor in your case. Unfortunately, an inaccurate assessment could leave you covering damages that should be the responsibility of the at-fault party. Thus, our law firm will create a carefully detailed list of your recoverable damages and ensure we include every loss.
Our Legal Team Ensures Adherence to the Statute of Limitations
Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 establishes the deadline for filing a lawsuit after a big rig crash. In general, it gives you two years from the accident date to file your personal injury lawsuit. In addition, the same statute generally gives you two years from when your loved one died to file your wrongful death lawsuit.
If a government or municipal agency played a role in your collision, additional notification and filing deadlines could apply to your case. On your own, they can be hard to meet. However, our legal team will file your lawsuit before the deadline passes.
Why You Should Trust Your Big Rig Accident Case to Domingo Garcia
You might feel helpless following a truck accident—especially one that leaves you with catastrophic injuries or results in a family member’s death. However, if you entrust your case to our team, you could concentrate on your recovery and family while we:
- Calculate the monetary value of your case.
- Prove the at-fault party’s financial liability.
- Collect evidence that supports your claim.
- Canvass for accident scene photos and videos.
- Speak with all interested parties on your behalf.
- Complete and submit all case-related paperwork.
- Provide updates on the progress of your case.
We work hard to negotiate a favorable monetary settlement for you and stop at nothing to recover your damages. However, if we cannot settle your case with an insurer, we will not hesitate to represent you or your family in court.
Our History of Big Rig Accident Settlements and Verdicts for Injured Clients
Our law firm is passionate about pursuing damages for injured clients. Clients we represented in the past received the following settlements:
- 18-wheeler truck accident case: $8,750,000
- Multiple-injury 18-wheeler crash: $1,191,560
- Fatal truck wreck: $1,000,000
Since our founding 35 years ago, every client we accept has become a priority for every team member. So, when you turn to our law firm for legal service and support, we never stop fighting for you.
Contact Our Team Today About Your Big Rig Accident in Houston
Did you or a loved one sustain a catastrophic injury in a big rig accident in Houston? If so, Domingo Garcia will help you pursue the at-fault party for compensation. Our truck accident legal team also recovers damages for families who lost a loved one.
Get started today by contacting one of our team members to get a no-cost, no-obligation review of your case.