A trucker, their employer, or another liable party may owe you for the injuries or loss of life they’ve caused you. These losses can cause medical expenses, pain and suffering, professional damages, and other types of harm.
A Fort Worth 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia will seek financial justice for your losses. We understand the responsibilities trucking companies have to others, and we’ll determine how any liable parties failed you.
Domingo Garcia Will Seek Compensation for Your Truck Accident-Related Damages in Fort Worth
The typical passenger vehicle is far lighter and less protective than a larger truck. The U.S. Department of Transportation (USDOT) notes that the heaviest trucks weigh up to 80,000 pounds, while the typical passenger vehicle may only weigh a few thousand pounds.
When a large truck strikes a smaller vehicle, the passengers in the smaller vehicle face a great risk of:
- Catastrophic injuries
- Fatal injuries
With injuries come damages. A Fort Worth 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia will identify each of your accident-related damages. In cases of non-fatal injuries, your recoverable damages may include:
Truck accident victims contact our firm with details of many different injuries. From serious brain injuries to broken bones, internal injuries, paralysis, and other ailments, we represent anyone who has suffered physical harm in a truck accident.
You may get compensation to cover all your accident-related medical needs, which may include:
- Ambulance or helicopter transport to a medical facility
- Emergency department care
- Imaging of your injuries, which may include X-rays, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasounds, and other imaging types
- Care for your wounds
- Visits with medical specialists
- Medical equipment
- In-home care
The force of a truck accident can put abnormal pressure on your body. You may need weeks, months, or longer to recover, and the medical cost of your recovery may add up. Our team will work to ensure liable parties—not you, the victim—pay for your accident-related medical care.
Pain and Suffering
The Journal of Emergencies, Trauma, and Shock explains that the psychological trauma of a truck accident can last long after the collision. The psychological and emotional toll of your accident may last even longer than your physical injuries.
A Fort Worth 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia will seek coverage for your pain and suffering, which may include:
- Pain caused by your injuries
- Distressing memories or dreams of your accident
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of physical or cognitive abilities
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep problems
- Any other symptom that causes your psychological or emotional pain
The same journal explains that treatment for your trauma could determine how damaging and long-lasting your symptoms may be. We want you to get the treatment you need for pain and suffering. We do not want financial costs to stop you from receiving counseling, therapy, or other treatment.
Our team will aim to have the liable parties, which may include a trucking company, cover your pain and suffering, as well as related treatment.
If you were in your vehicle at the time of your truck accident, you may deserve coverage for all vehicular repairs. If the damage to your vehicle was extensive—a higher likelihood in truck accidents than other accident types—, we may get you compensation for a new vehicle.
We may get coverage for any other property damaged during your truck accident, including:
- Phones and other electronics
- Spare tires
- Any items strapped to your vehicle at the time of the collision
- Any other property damaged because of the truck accident in Fort Worth
When you’re facing recovery from serious injuries or the loss of a loved one, property damage may seem secondary. Nevertheless, every loss counts to Domingo Garcia. We’ll make a complete account of your losses, including the property losses that a trucker, trucking company, or other liable parties have caused you.
Employers should allow injured employees to take time off following a truck accident. Even if an employer shows understanding, you’re not immune from professional losses. These professional losses also generally mean financial loss and may include:
- Lost income
- Lost productivity
- Reduced earning capacity, which may occur if you change roles, switch jobs, or limit your hours
- Lost opportunities to earn promotions or performance bonuses
- Loss of status with your employer
- Loss of fulfillment provided by your job
The details of everyone’s employment are unique. Our team will work with you to identify all professional damages resulting from your truck accident in Fort Worth.
The Loss of Your Loved One
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) explains that, tragically, thousands of people die yearly in truck accidents. Our firm represents surviving loved ones whose spouse, parent, child, or sibling passed away because of a truck accident in Fort Worth.
If you pursue a wrongful death case after a truck accident, you may also get coverage for your pain and suffering (including grief), necessary treatment, medical expenses, and property damage. Additionally, your recoverable losses may include:
- The decedent’s pain and suffering: If someone suffers fatal injuries, they may experience pain and suffering before they pass away. We will account for this possibility when identifying damages for your case.
- Loss of companionship or guidance: A truck accident victim can be many things to many people—a spouse, a parent, a child, or otherwise. We will view your loved one through a human lens, accounting for companionship, guidance, and other non-financial benefits they provided you and others.
- Loss of the decedent’s household value: The decedent may have provided value to your household, whether by completing chores, handy services, overseeing bill payments, or fulfilling other roles. We account for these benefits to your household when identifying your losses.
- Lost financial support: If the decedent contributed an income to you or others, the Domingo Garcia team will determine the cost of your lost financial support.
- Funeral costs: Everyone deserves a proper funeral, but Healthline explains that a funeral can cost about $15,000 on average. You shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket for your loved one’s funeral if someone caused their death. We’ll work to ensure those liable parties cover your loved one’s burial.
We evaluate every truck accident case individually. Your Forth Worth 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer will be sure to account for all accident-related damages you’ve suffered.
How Much Compensation Do I Deserve for a Truck Accident?
Every truck accident case in Fort Worth stands alone. We don’t rely on “average settlement figures” or other guesswork to determine how much your case may be worth. The only way to calculate the cost of your losses is to calculate the cost of your losses.
Several factors may affect the value of a truck accident case, including:
- Whether injuries were fatal or not
- The type of injuries you’ve suffered
- The severity of your injuries
- How long it takes to recover from your injuries
- The monetary cost of lost income, medical expenses, property damage, and other economic damages
The Domingo Garcia team knows how to evaluate cases accurately and efficiently. We won’t quote you any settlement figures without evaluating your case first. However, if you do hire us to lead your truck accident case in Fort Worth, a lawyer from our firm will create a comprehensive calculation of your damages.
Why Truck Accident Victims in Fort Worth Choose Domingo Garcia to Lead Their Cases
We are not the only personal injury lawyers serving Fort Worth, but we believe that you should choose us as your personal injury lawyers. The Domingo Garcia team prioritizes truck accident cases and will make winning your case an urgent mission.
Our clients should expect much of us, as we expect much of ourselves. As a client of Domingo Garcia, you will:
- Feel like your case is our only case: Though we handle many cases, we ensure every client knows their case is important. As we handle your truck accident case in Fort Worth, we will ensure you know where the legal process stands. When we must make significant decisions about your case—like whether to accept a settlement offer—you’ll have the greatest say.
- Have a direct line to your attorney: We’ll update you when your case circumstances change, but we know that you’ll sometimes need to reach us. You will have a direct line to the attorney handling your truck accident case. You can also contact us through email and other means if you prefer.
- Not have to worry about case-related finances: Domingo Garcia will pay for all case-related costs. From filing costs to expert fees and case-related transportation costs, our team will cover the total cost of your case.
Our clients are our priority. With 35 years of legal experience representing accident victims, we know what truck accident victims need from us. Both in terms of client service and legal representation, we’ll meet the standard you deserve.
Our Former Clients Have High Praise for Domingo Garcia
You should know what you are getting when you hire a law firm. Thanks to our client testimonials, you have clear insight into our client experience:
- “I will highly recommend the Law Office of Domingo Garcia. My experience with them was flawless. Once the initial interview about my case. The teamwork in the background. Once a month, I will receive a call or text from Gracie Cisneros, who updates me on the topic and always asks if I need any help. If you want a team of good lawyers that you can trust, this is the team you are looking for.” – Alexis T. Ramirez
- “Me and my mother and law and husband had an auto accident, we called Domingo Garcia, and he got his best lawyers to represent us. Mr. David Stone immediately got busy with our case. I’m so happy with the outcome.” – Shadow Logan
- “When I started my case with the law office of Domingo Garcia I noticed how helpful the staff was. They explained everything to me in a professional way and updated us each time something arose with the case. I liked that I would call when I had questions, and my questions were always answered by the attorney Miguel.” – Lili Reyes
Truck accidents can leave you in pain, financially stressed, and searching for help. Domingo Garcia can be the lifeline you need, and we’re ready to assist you today.
Consider Our Case Results
Client testimonials are one important measure of a truck accident lawyer. Case results are another. Domingo Garcia has secured several million-plus-dollar settlements and verdicts for our clients, including:
- A $26.5 million verdict
- A $12.5 million settlement
- An $8.75 million settlement (for the victim of a truck accident)
- A $5.5 million settlement
- A $5 million settlement
Our truck accident attorneys know how damaging collisions like yours can be. We’re prepared to seek a fair settlement or verdict, no matter how costly your losses are.
Services We’ll Provide for Your 18-Wheeler Accident Case in Fort Worth
Truck accident cases present several unique challenges. These challenges may make it difficult for you to handle your case without an attorney.
The team at Domingo Garcia will handle every feature of your case, including:
Submitting Your Letter of Spoliation
A spoliation letter tells liable parties (in your case, likely a trucking company) they’re facing legal action. This letter also informs the informed party they must preserve any evidence that could be relevant to your case.
The trucking company may possess several types of useful evidence, including:
- The black box from the truck, which contains details of the truck’s movements
- Driving records for the driver involved in your accident
- The truck itself, which may have damage indicating how your accident happened
- Incident reports
- On-dash video footage of the accident
We’ll file your letter of spoliation as quickly as possible. Next, we’ll work to gain access to any evidence that defendants in your case have.
Filing Your Case and All Related Paperwork
Our team will handle all case-related paperwork, including any lawsuit or insurance claim you choose to file. The smallest error in paperwork can harm your claim, and our attorneys and paralegals will mind the details.
Completing the Investigation of Your Truck Accident
Each truck accident presents unforeseen details we must investigate. Our attorneys and investigators will:
- Obtain or travel to view any evidence the trucking company has in its possession
- Seek out any useful evidence that is not in the trucking company’s possession—this may include video footage of your accident, witness testimony, photographs of your own vehicle’s damage, and any other evidence that supports your case for compensation
- Obtain the police report for your accident
- Reconstructing your accident, perhaps with help from experts
We may visit the scene of your accident, depending on when you hire us for your 18-wheeler accident case.
Documenting Your Damages
Domingo Garcia maintains an office in Fort Worth. This will allow us to keep tabs on your damages, documenting them in as much detail as we can. We may prove your truck accident-related damages with:
- Bills for your accident-related medical care
- Proof that you have not been able to work
- Testimony from doctors, experts, mental health professionals, and loved ones who have witnessed your damages
- Invoices for vehicle repairs, replacement of your damaged property, temporary transportation, and other accident-related expenses
Our team wants to have the strongest possible case when we enter settlement discussions. This means documenting every loss you’ve suffered and any losses you may have in the future.
Handling Case-Related Communications
Every interaction with a defendant in your case or the attorneys representing them can be dangerous for a truck accident victim. These parties will have goals that are fundamentally different from yours.
A Fort Worth 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia will handle communications for your case. This will protect you from anyone who wants to undermine your possible financial recovery.
Seeking a Fair Settlement
We must establish a fair settlement figure for your case, and we’ll do so. Each client comes to us with unique damages, and no two cases are the same. We’ll consider all your current damages and determine the likelihood and cost of your future damages to calculate a target settlement figure.
Domingo Garcia seeks the maximum financial recovery for truck accident victims, including you.
Taking Your Case to Trial
Though many truck accident cases settle, we have recovered verdicts for our clients at trial. Trial may be an option in your case, and we’ll discuss this possibility if it is relevant to you.
All Truck Accident Victims Can Afford to Hire Domingo Garcia for Their Case
Truck accident victims do not generally have money to spare. Even if you did have money to spare, we want to help you financially, not be one more reason for worry. We structure our attorney’s fees to benefit the client, and you will:
- Pay no upfront fee to our firm
- Pay for none of your case-related costs
- Pay no out-of-pocket fees or costs, regardless of how your case unfolds
Our attorneys do receive a percentage of your financial recovery. If they receive this fee, it means they have secured a financial recovery for you. We want to secure the compensation you deserve while covering our case-related expenses—this constitutes a victory for you and our firm.
Your Lawyer Will Determine Who Is Liable for Your Truck Accident in Fort Worth
Our truck accident cases start with a clear question: who is responsible for our client’s losses? As a lawyer from Domingo Garcia investigates your accident in Fort Worth, we’ll seek to answer this question.
Potential defendants in a truck accident case include:
- A truck driver: The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) notes that driver error plays a role in approximately one-third of large truck accidents. Speeding and distraction are the two primary types of driver error that lead to truck accidents.
- A trucking company: When a truck driver causes an accident, their employer is generally liable. Trucking companies can also contribute to accidents. Failing to vet drivers, train drivers, monitor drivers’ practices, drug and alcohol test drivers, service trucks, or take other precautions may make a trucking company liable. Truck drivers and their employers must adhere to the FMSCA’s hours-of-service regulations, which include an 11-hour driving limit. If this regulation is violated, the trucking company could be liable.
- A truck manufacturer: If a defective component in a truck caused your accident, then the truck manufacturer may be liable for your damages.
- A municipality: The city of Fort Worth may be liable for road conditions within its city limits. If such road conditions contributed to your accident, then the municipality of Fort Worth could be liable for your accident.
After investigating your accident and damages, our team will identify all parties who owe you compensation in your Tarrant County case.
There May Be a Deadline for Filing Your Truck Accident Case, So Do Not Wait to Hire Domingo Garcia
We encourage anyone in a truck accident to get legal help as soon as possible. You may act quickly to hire our firm because:
- Texas may have a statute of limitations for your case: Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally allows you to file a personal injury lawsuit within two years of your truck accident in Fort Worth. You generally have the same time to file a wrongful death case. There can be exceptions to these statutes, but you should not risk allowing these deadlines to expire.
- The trucking company may “lose” useful evidence: We want to file our letter of spoliation as soon as possible. A trucking company may “lose” or otherwise get rid of evidence that could help your case. We’ll take legal measures to ensure it cannot get rid of useful evidence and don’t want to wait to do so.
- Your rights may be at risk: The longer you wait to retain our services, the longer you may be without the protection of our attorneys.
There is no reason to wait, so let us begin seeking justice today.
Call Domingo Garcia Today for Your FREE Consultation
A Fort Worth 18-wheeler truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia will handle your case from start to finish. Focus on your health, and we’ll lead your legal case.
Call Domingo Garcia today for your free consultation.