A Dallas Uber accident lawyer could help you go after money damages for your injuries and losses if you were hurt in a crash that an Uber rideshare driver caused. These collisions can involve serious or catastrophic injuries, and you shouldn’t have to bear the burden of these losses alone.
Whether your case involves a personal injury claim or wrongful death claim, Domingo Garcia can help. We can sort out the complicated insurance issues and work tirelessly for you to receive the best possible outcome.
Who Our Lawyers Can Help in a Dallas Uber Accident
If you were injured because of an Uber driver’s carelessness, our car accident lawyers want to hear from you. The unique facts of your circumstances will determine whether we can help you pursue a case for money damages for your injuries and other losses.
We might be able to help you if you got hurt in the crash and you were a:
- Rideshare passenger
- Passenger or driver in another vehicle
- Pedestrian or bicyclist
These cases are complicated, but you do not have to figure out the liability, insurance process, or other legal procedures by yourself. We perform an extensive investigation of every motor vehicle accident case we handle, including Dallas Uber accidents, to obtain the information needed to handle all the tasks in your case.
Hire Our Lawyers Based on Contingency Fees After a Dallas Uber Accident
You do not have to be rich to hire Domingo Garcia to handle your Uber accident claim. Our personal injury attorneys use a contingency-fee arrangement, which means that you do not have to pay any upfront legal fees to get us to handle your case. If and when your case resolves, we recover our legal fees paid by a percentage of the settlement or jury award. You only owe legal fees if we win your case.
Our Dallas Legal Team Gets Rave Reviews
Domingo Garcia exists to help people who suffer injuries because of the carelessness of others. We are not afraid to take on billion-dollar insurance corporations or companies like Uber in order to fight for you.
Here are samples of what our clients have said about us in their own words:
- “My attorney was very experienced and professional. I recommend this law firm, everyone is very intelligent in how they handle themselves and help us get the best results for our situation.” Victor Escobar
- “They really seek to get the best compensation and I recommend the services of attorney Domingo Garcia. My case was resolved soon and with a just resolution.” Jose Parra
Our attorneys promise to work just as hard for you as we did for these clients if we handle your Dallas Uber accident case. We’re standing by to listen to your story and see how we can help you rebuild your life after such an event.
Types of Damages You Can Get in Injury Claims After Dallas Uber Collisions
Even though the settlement amounts people might win in these cases can differ greatly, depending on the individual case’s facts, there are certain loss categories that people pursue in many of these cases. The types of money damages can include things like:
- Lost income if a person does not get paid their regular income when they are out of work because of their car accident injuries
- Decreased earning potential if long-term complications (such as an impairment, loss of a limb, or limited mobility) cause a person to be incapable of making as much money as before the crash
- Property damage if you were driving your own vehicle and it was damaged or even totaled from the crash
- Medical expenses incurred for the treatment of their injuries, such as diagnostic tests to determine the extent of a brain injury or surgery for seriously broken bones
- Future medical costs if the treating physician expects the person to need additional treatment in the future because of their injuries
- Intangible losses like pain and suffering, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), loss of enjoyment of life, and disfigurement
- Wrongful death damages are available when a person does not survive their injuries from a Dallas Uber crash. Domingo Garcia might be able to pursue compensation for the family by filing a wrongful death claim or lawsuit.
Be sure to talk to your Dallas Uber accident attorney about all of the financial and intangible losses you suffered and every way the experience of the accident changed your life.
What Is the Average Settlement in a Dallas Uber Accident Injury Claim?
There is no such thing as an average settlement in a Dallas Uber accident injury claim for several reasons. Unlike jury verdicts, settlements usually go unreported, so there is no way to calculate the average of an unknown set of numbers.
Also, the amount of a settlement for injuries suffered in a Dallas Uber crash will vary widely from one case to another. One person might escape with only bumps and bruises, while another person might have life-changing injuries.
However, our attorneys can investigate your unique case’s facts and then tell you more about a possible goal settlement amount we can seek for you.
An Overview of Uber Liability Insurance
In certain situations, Uber provides liability insurance coverage to help pay claims when people get hurt in collisions that involve Uber rideshare vehicles. But again, Uber’s coverage is limited to certain situations. If an accident happens during a period that Uber’s policy doesn’t cover, an injured person will have to look to the liability insurance of the responsible rideshare driver instead.
Here are three scenarios and a brief explanation of which liability insurance might be available:
- If a collision involving a rideshare vehicle happens when the rideshare driver is in the process of picking up passengers or during the ride, Uber’s liability insurance policy can be available to pay accident claims.
- If the rideshare driver had the app on but was not actively engaged in picking up or transporting a passenger, a person who gets hurt in a crash during that time interval will look first to the automobile liability insurance policy of the rideshare driver. If that personal auto policy does not pay the claim, then Uber’s policy will apply.
- If the Uber app was turned off and the Uber driver was not waiting for a ride request, picking up passengers, or transporting passengers during a ride, then the Uber driver’s personal automobile liability insurance policy will apply.
Feel free to ask us any questions you have about this insurance coverage during your consultation. We are happy to help answer these questions.
Filing a Lawsuit After an Uber Accident in Dallas, Texas
Sometimes, when we cannot settle with the insurance company or it appears to be the most suitable option for your case, we file a lawsuit against the other party. Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 enforces a two-year deadline on both personal injury and wrongful lawsuits. Some people could qualify for an extension, depending on the circumstances of what happened, but they’re pretty rare.
The court may dismiss your case if you’re too late to sue. As a result, the other party no longer has to cover your damages. If you let our personal injury attorneys know about your case today, we can determine how long you have to file and help ensure you comply with the corresponding time frame.
Consult Our Attorneys for Help With a Dallas Uber Accident Case
If you or a loved one was injured in an Uber accident in Dallas, our team is ready to help you get started seeking justice and compensation. Get your free initial consultation today. We also work on a contingency-fee basis, so we won’t ask you for a penny for retainers, an hourly rate, or upfront cost. We only receive a payment if you do.