Big rig accidents often cause debilitating personal injuries that leave accident victims in pain and financial instability for years to come. If you or a loved one sustained injuries in an accident involving a big rig, you could recover compensation for your losses. You shouldn’t have to cover the cost of your medical treatment for an accident caused by someone else.
Our Dallas big rig accident lawyer can help you through the process of filing a claim or lawsuit against the liable party including the truck driver and big rig company. We handle communications with the insurance company and prepare the case for trial to maximize your chances of a fair settlement. When you choose Domingo Garcia to represent you, you can expect fierce advocates who fight for you while you focus on your recovery and peace of mind.
Our Dallas Big Rig Accident Attorneys Handle Every Aspect of Your Case
At Domingo Garcia, we handle all legal matters regarding your case. After sustaining personal injuries from a big rig accident, you will likely have medical appointments and other obligations that make it difficult to deal with your case. When you hire our truck accident legal team, we take on these obligations, so you can focus on your recovery. Some of the services our truck accident attorneys provide include:
- Handling communications with the at-fault party’s insurer
- Investigating the accident scene and organizing evidence to prove fault
- Obtaining your medical records and bills to prove you sustained injuries and damages as well as lining up your doctors to testify as needed
- Presenting the evidence during negotiations to reach a settlement agreement
- Filing a lawsuit and preparing the case for trial if the at-fault party’s insurance does not offer a fair settlement
Our team knows how your financial and non-financial losses impact every area of your life. We believe you deserve adequate compensation for this suffering. The big rig accident attorneys at our firm can fight for you while pursuing an appropriate financial recovery.
We Have Helped Many Big Rig Accident Victims Recover Compensation
For over 35 years, we have helped injured accident victims recover life-improving compensation. Past settlements and court verdicts include:
- $8,750,000 recovery for a big-rig accident victim
- $3,300,000 recovery for the victim of a negligent truck driver
- $1,191,560 for a truck accident victim who sustained multiple injuries
Our past clients have positive things to say about our legal team because of the strong support we provide. Check out our more than 1,000 Five Star reviews on Google (please insert a link)
Victor, one of our previous clients, states, “I want to say thank you to everyone at the Law Offices of Domingo Garcia, for winning my case. My attorney was very experienced and professional. I recommend this law firm, everyone is very intelligent in how they handle themselves and help us get the best results for our situation.”
We strive to make a positive difference for our clients. We’d be happy to help you, too.
Recoverable Damages for Big Rig Accident Victims in Texas
After sustaining injuries in a big rig accident, you could seek compensation for your losses. The types of compensation you could depend on what you experienced due to your injuries. For example, if you couldn’t work while you recovered, you could pursue compensation for the earnings you lost. Other damages you could recover include:
- Medical expenses
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of life enjoyment
- Emotional distress
- Loss of Earnings and loss of earnings capacity
- Disability and Physical Impairment
- Disfigurement damages from any scarring or loss of limb
Some of your losses will not come with a receipt. Our attorneys know how to calculate the value of these damages so you can seek maximum compensation for them. We aim to recover a full settlement that will help alleviate some of the negative personal and emotional consequences of your collision.
Common Causes of Big Rig Accidents In Dallas
Dallas big rig accidents can happen for various reasons. Sometimes the truck driver causes the accident, while other times, liability falls on the trucking company or a third-party driver.
- Distracted big rig drivers: Long hours on the road may tempt commercial drivers to engage in distracted driving. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) lists texting, eating, changing the radio, or talking on the phone as possible distractions that cause accidents.
- Driver fatigue: Drivers of big rigs try to drive long hours to complete their shipments, sometimes at the behest of their employers. However, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) puts regulations in place to prevent fatigued driving. Drivers must keep logs to ensure they don’t drive over the maximum working hours before a required rest. These logs may provide evidence of fatigued driving.
- Improper cargo loading: Cargo must be properly loaded to prevent dangerous shifts that can result in the driver losing control of the vehicle. If the truck’s driver or a third-party company improperly loads the cargo, they could be liable for the accident.
- Unmaintained big rig: If the trucking company doesn’t properly maintain their big rigs, the brakes could fail, or other issues could occur that cause an accident. According to the FMCSA, vehicle design and manufacturing problems as well as tire blowouts are major causes of commercial truck accidents.
The FMCSA also states that truck drivers commit a few common traffic violations, including speeding, following too closely, improper lane changes, and reckless driving. These issues can all cause preventable accidents. If the truck driver or trucking company doesn’t adhere to the laws, we can hold them accountable for their negligence.
Truck Accident Injuries
Per the National Safety Council, truck accident fatalities have risen over 30 percent from 2011 to 2020. Unfortunately, passenger cars are at a higher risk of severe and fatal injuries due to the difference in size between these vehicles and the big rigs.
Some of the severe injuries commonly sustained in these accidents include:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI)
- Chest and lung injuries
- Broken bones
- Organ damages
- Amputation injuries
- Disfiguring injuries
You shouldn’t have to suffer the consequences of catastrophic injuries on your own. Our team will advocate for you as we pursue justice on your behalf.
Contact a Big Rig Accident Attorney in Dallas Today
Contact the attorneys at Domingo Garcia today for a free consultation with our big rig accident team. We will learn about the facts of your case in order to assess your legal options for financial recovery. Call or visit us online to get started.