Drunk driving accidents can lead to devastating outcomes, including severe or catastrophic injuries that can alter a person’s life forever. Survivors can pursue compensation for losses they sustained in one of these accidents, including medical bills, property damage, loss of earnings, lost quality of life, and the pain and suffering they’ve experienced.
If you suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to an accident caused by a driver under the influence, the law team at Domingo Garcia can help. Our Houston drunk driving accident lawyer has experience handling cases like yours for more than 35 years, and we will fight for your right to compensation. You do not have to build your case alone.
How Our Houston Drunk Driving Accident Lawyers Can Help You
Our Houston car accident lawyer is familiar with drunk driving accident cases. We handle all the legal details, so you don’t have to. Duties our drunk driving accident lawyers will perform include the following:
- Thoroughly investigating your case and collecting evidence
- Obtaining copies of the police report, traffic citations, the other motorist’s blood alcohol content (BAC) reading, and your medical records
- Speaking to eyewitnesses to the accident
- Taking photographs of the accident scene and your injuries
- Consulting with expert witnesses
- Using evidence to support the intoxicated motorist’s liability for your losses
- Identifying your damages and calculating their value
- Negotiating with insurance companies
- Filing a lawsuit on your behalf
- Taking your case to trial and representing you in court, if necessary
We won’t leave you unsure about the status of your case. As we complete all the necessary legal tasks, we will make sure you’re aware of the latest updates and developments in your claim or lawsuit.
How Much does Our Houston Drunk Driving Collision Lawyer Charge?
The drunk driving accident lawyers at our firm do not charge any upfront costs or fees. We aim to make our services accessible by working on a contingency-fee basis. This means our team only receives payment from you when we win or settle your case.
We will take an agreed-upon percentage of your compensation as payment for our services. You will never owe us anything out-of-pocket. We also provide free initial consultations, so you can ask a member of our team any questions you have without paying us.
What Compensation Can You Recover in a Houston Drunk Driving Accident Case?
You may recover economic and non-economic damages after a drunk driving car accident. The amount of compensation you may receive ultimately depends on the details of your case. Some of your recoverable damages may include:
- Medical bills, including emergency care, hospitalization, surgeries, doctor’s visits, medication, and assistive equipment
- Lost income due to missed work time
- Diminished future earning capacity
- Property damage
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Permanent disability
- Lost quality of life
- Loss of companionship
Recoverable Wrongful Death Damages in Houston Car Accident Cases
You could file a wrongful death lawsuit if you lost a family member in a drunk driving-related accident. Certain family members may benefit from compensation for damages such as:
- Lost earning capacity
- Mental anguish felt by the decedent’s surviving loved ones
- Lost companionship, comfort, and society your loved one gave
- Lost support, advice, and counsel
- Lost inheritance, such as the money the decedent would have left for their family if they survived the drunk driving crash
If your loved one passed away in a drunk driving crash, we extend our condolences. We understand that your family is experiencing a difficult time and we are here to help you.
Who Will We Hold Liable in Your Houston Drunk Driving Case?
In most cases, the intoxicated motorist will bear most or all of the blame for an accident. There are some situations, however, in which we can hold other parties liable for their role in an accident, including the following:
- A bar, restaurant, or any establishment that knowingly served an intoxicated person who caused an accident. Texas has specific laws that hold bars and restaurants responsible called the Texas Dram Shop law.
- Social hosts, such as those holding a wedding, party, or other gatherings, may also be liable for damages if they serve alcohol to a person under the age of 21
- A drunk driver’s employer might be liable for damages if the driver caused a collision while performing work duties
- In addition to the drunk driver, other third-party motorists’ careless driving may have also contributed to the collision
We encourage you to speak with a Houston drunk driving accident attorney who can thoroughly investigate your case, identify the at-fault parties, prove liability, and secure the fair compensation you deserve.
Evidence We Can Use When Building a Case Against a Drunk Driver
Texas is a fault-based state for auto insurance, meaning if another motorist caused you to suffer injuries in an accident, you are eligible to file a claim or lawsuit against them. Still, as an injured accident survivor, you must be able to prove their liability with evidence. Such evidence could include:
- A police report that details the names of those involved in the case, the names of anyone who witnessed the accident, and the time, date, and location of the crash
- Witness statements from both eyewitnesses and expert witnesses
- Photos of the crash taken by you or witnesses
- Video footage of the accident from dashboard cameras, cell phones, doorbell cameras, or surveillance cameras
- Your medical records and statements from your healthcare team
Domingo Garcia Is Accepting Drunk Driving Car Accident Cases Now
A Houston drunk driving lawyer from Domingo Garcia can pursue compensation on your behalf. We will aggressively negotiate with insurance companies and can take your case to trial if necessary.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation and learn more about your legal rights and options. You may have a limited amount of time to file your case, so don’t wait to start seeking justice.