Collisions with delivery trucks can result in disabling injuries. These trucks are substantially heavier than the typical passenger vehicle, so accidents tend to be more severe. If you’re suffering from a catastrophic injury after a collision with a delivery truck, you deserve compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and your pain and suffering.
A Dallas delivery truck accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can help you recover compensation. We understand the difficulties accident victims experience after traumatic accidents, so we want to do everything we can to improve your situation. Our team can help you hold the delivery truck driver or company that caused your accident accountable.
Our Delivery Truck Accident Attorneys in Dallas Can Investigate Your Accident
In Texas, your attorneys must prove that the at-fault party caused your collision to secure compensation. Through our investigations, we collect evidence supporting your case against the delivery truck driver or trucking company. In the process, we may also render the following services:
- Reviewing the police report
- Going to the scene of the accident to collect evidence
- Looking into the delivery truck driver’s logs to determine if they were following trucking regulations
- Identifying and speaking to witnesses to get their statements of what happened
- Hiring other professionals to attest to the extent of your injuries and that they happened during the accident
At Domingo Garcia, we have a team of strong investigators who can determine how the accident happened and who caused it. We also have the time and resources to collect the evidence required to prove our findings.
Settlements We Have Helped Past Clients Receive
The Domingo Garcia attorneys know the financial stress you deal with after sustaining catastrophic injuries or dealing with the loss of a loved one. Because of this, we fight for a life-improving settlement or court award. Past settlements we have helped clients recover include:
- Truck accident: $8,750,000
- Concrete truck collision: $3,300,000
- 18-wheeler truck accident: $1,191,560
Our clients also testify to the quality of our services in their reviews:
“I want to thank the good attention and efficiency in their work. They really seek to get the best compensation, and I recommend the services of attorney Domingo Garcia. My case was resolved soon and with a just resolution. I do not regret hiring the Law Offices of Domingo Garcia for my car accident case.”
We hope you’ll allow us to fight for positive results in your case, too.
Damages You Could Recover After a Dallas Delivery Truck Accident
After a delivery truck accident, victims may experience high medical bills because of the extensive treatments required to recover. If you’re dealing with significant injuries, it goes without saying that you’re also dealing with physical pain and suffering. We can demand compensation for these personal and financial losses (i.e. damages) as part of your case.
Common damages you could recover after a delivery truck accident include:
- Medical expenses: Costs of any medical care you received or will need to receive due to your injuries
- Rehabilitative care: Costs of any rehabilitative services, including chiropractic care and physical therapy
- Assistive devices: You may require a wheelchair or other assistive device, and these accommodations are a recoverable expense
- Property damage: You could recover the cost to repair or replace your vehicle
- Pain and suffering: The physical pain or discomfort you experienced because of your injuries have value, so we pursue them along with your other losses
- Emotional distress: The emotional or psychological issues you now deal with because of your injuries or trauma also receive a fair monetary value
Our attorneys can identify the damages you sustained and calculate the value of each loss or expense. We can also collect evidence to prove you sustained these damages and deserve to receive compensation for them.
Damages You Could Recover If Your Loved One Passed Away in a Dallas Delivery Truck Accident
If you lost a loved one because of a delivery truck accident, your family could recover compensation on their behalf. Depending on your relationship with the decedent, our attorneys could also help you seek compensation for losses related to your loved one’s support.
Damages you could potentially recover include:
- Their final medical expenses
- Burial and cremation expenses
- The costs to have a celebration of life service or funeral
- Loss of consortium damages for the loss of support or companionship your loved one provided
- Future financial losses from the income or other benefits your loved one provided
Our attorneys understand the difficulties family experiences after the loss of a loved one. We want to ease those difficulties by helping you seek compensation for your losses.
Liable Parties in a Delivery Truck Accident in Dallas
After a delivery truck accident, liability could fall on several people or entities. Our delivery truck accident attorneys in Dallas can determine the cause of the accident, so we can identify the liable party. Once we identify the liable party, we can file a case against them.
The Truck Driver
You could file a claim against the truck driver if their negligence caused the accident. Negligent actions a truck driver could engage in include:
- Distracted driving
- Driving while fatigued
- Reckless driving
- Driving while intoxicated
The Federal Motor Carrier Administration (FMCSA) sets safety regulations to ensure drivers do not drive more than a certain amount of hours at one point. In addition, they must keep logs that include the hours they have driven. If the driver doesn’t adhere to these rules and regulations, you could file a claim against them.
The Trucking Company
If trucking companies don’t enforce the rules the FMCSA and Texas laws put in place, liability could fall on them. Other reasons you could file a claim against the trucking company or a related third party include the following:
- The cargo loaders improperly loaded the truck
- The trucking company didn’t properly maintain their truck
- The trucking company didn’t provide enough training for their drivers
Our attorneys can help you determine if the trucking company’s actions caused the accident.
Contact Domingo Garcia for a Free Consultation
Contact us for a free consultation to learn more about your legal options after sustaining a debilitating injury. In addition, you can learn about the services we offer to secure the compensation you’re owed.