If you or a loved one suffered harm in an Uber accident in Odessa, Texas, your injuries may be serious, or your loved one may have even lost their life due to their injuries. As a result, you and even your family may have damages to recover.
Our firm can demand those damages for you. First, we can identify your losses, the party that’s liable for compensating them, and the insurance company that will cover them. Then we can negotiate with the insurer or sue the liable party for your compensation. Our Odessa car accident attorneys can refer you for further medical attention. During your free consultation, we’ll explain everything your Odessa Uber accident lawyer can do for you.
What Damages Could an Odessa Uber Accident Lawyer Recover?
You may have been a motorist, an Uber passenger, or another injured party in the rideshare accident, and your injuries may be serious or even catastrophic. In any case, our firm’s Odessa personal injury lawyer can recover your financial damages. We may be able to recover intangible damages, like emotional suffering, that insurance typically doesn’t compensate for.
One of the first things we can do is determine the value of your damages. This includes your intangible losses that may be difficult for you to identify. You may be able to claim and recover:
- Your healthcare expenses, including your emergency medical attention, hospital care, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, prescriptions, and/or assistive needs, personal property, and vehicle repair if you were driving
- Your lost income, including your lost income (and employment benefits) since the accident, into the future, and because of lost income-earning potential
- Your emotional and mental suffering, such as any emotional trauma, loss of affection, loss of quality of life, and/or mental anguish you’ve been suffering
- Your physical suffering, including any pain, impairment, and/or loss of intimate relations you’ve been experiencing
- Any catastrophic damages, which could be a disability if you have an injury like a spinal injury or disfigurement if you have a scarring injury like a facial laceration
Wrongful Death Damages
Our wrongful death attorney in Odessa could seek damages for your family if your loved one lost their life in an Uber rideshare accident. These damages could include:
- Expenses for a funeral, cremation, or burial, and/or any unpaid medical services
- Lost income and benefits for your family
- Emotional and mental suffering your family experiences and the loss of spousal support and/or parental support
- Physical pain your loved one may have experienced before their death
If the rideshare accident involved extreme negligence, a judge could award these damages.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Odessa, call (432) 339-3333
Who Is Liable for My Accident Damages From the Odessa Uber Collision?
In your Uber accident case, the driver, Uber itself, another party, or multiple parties could be liable for your damages. Parties may even disagree about who is responsible for the crash. Whatever the case, our lawyer can investigate the crash and identify who is responsible for your damages.
A party may be liable if they were negligent. To find evidence of negligence, our lawyer can look at:
- The accident police report
- The driver’s vehicle repair history
- The driver’s driving record
- The data in vehicles’ event data recorders
- The information in the Uber app at the time of the accident
- Footage from a vehicle dash camera or a traffic camera
- Witnesses’ photos
Evidence is not enough to hold the other party accountable. To do this, our Odessa Uber accident lawyer must prove the four elements of negligence in your case, which are:
- The other party had a duty to keep you from harm, such as by driving carefully.
- They violated that duty, such as by speeding or driving while distracted.
- Their actions led to an accident that caused your injuries and losses.
- The accident resulted in compensable damages, like your medical expenses.
Which Insurance Can Cover Your Odessa Uber Crash Damages
The Uber driver’s personal insurance policy or Uber’s insurance may cover your damages, depending on which party’s policy was in effect when the crash occurred. An attorney with our firm will determine which policy applies and then pursue compensation through that policy.
Odessa Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me (432) 339-3333
How Will My Odessa Uber Accident Attorney Negotiate for My Damages?
During negotiations, our lawyer will have only one goal, and that will be to recover your Uber accident damages. However, they will also be aware that the insurer wants to protect itself and its profits, so they may have to fight for your damages.
If the insurer doesn’t propose a fair settlement, a lawyer can remind them of your case’s seriousness.
Suing for Your Damages
Suing for damages may be an option if an insurance company doesn’t cooperate. You could sue if you and your lawyer decide not to negotiate with the insurance company. However, suing may give you the best results.
Your lawyer will take care of the entire litigation process for you. This includes filing the lawsuit, taking your case to court, and resolving your case with a judge. The process may even include hiring various experts, like a car accident reconstructionist, to back your case.
Click to contact our Texas Uber Accident Lawyers today
Contact Domingo Garcia for an Odessa, TX, Uber Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one suffered harm in an Uber rideshare accident in the Odessa, Texas, area, our firm can demand damages for you and file legal action on your behalf. We can even refer you to an expert we trust for further medical attention. One of our Uber accident lawyers in Odessa will do everything they can for you and your family.
We have recovered results for our clients in the 35 years we’ve been in practice. One of our successes was when Domingo Garcia, our lead attorney, won $1,100,000 for a car accident victim. No matter how serious your case is, we’re confident we can help you recover compensation. For a free case review, contact the team at Domingo Garcia today.
Call or text (432) 339-3333 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form