If you or a loved one had an Uber rideshare accident in Fort Worth, Texas, you may have serious injuries, or the person close to you may have lost their life. Your family may be feeling the accident’s effects, and you may not know what steps to take next.
You can collect damages, but on your own, you’d have to identify them, establish the other party’s liability, identify the insurance that applies, and then negotiate with the opposing party for your damages. You may even have to sue for them. The Fort Worth car accident attorneys at Domingo Garcia can do all of that for you. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you more about what your Fort Worth rideshare accident lawyer can do.
Compensatory Damages in Your Fort Worth Uber Accident Case
In your personal injury case, you may have been a passenger, a motorist, or another party involved in the accident. Regardless, your injuries may be serious or even catastrophic, and some of your injuries may be intangible and challenging to identify. A Fort Worth Uber accident lawyers from our firm can identify these damages so that you can claim them from the liable party’s insurance company.
Additionally, our legal professional could negotiate with the insurer for the intangible and financial damages from the accident. Alternatively, our lawyer can sue either Uber or the Uber driver for all your damages, depending on whose insurance policy was in place when the accident happened. Through either course of action, a lawyer may be able to recover:
- Your medical damages, such as the costs of emergency care, hospital care, assistive care, medicine, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, and/or assistive technology
- Other financial damages, such as the income and work benefits that you’ve lost or could lose in the future and any income-earning ability loss
- Your physical damages, including pain and suffering, impairment, and any loss of intimate relations
- Other intangible damages, such as mental suffering, emotional trauma, any loss of affection, and any lowered quality of life
- Catastrophic damages, which can include disfigurement (for such injuries as facial lacerations) and/or disability (for such injuries as spinal injuries)
- Special damages, which are the damages specific to a particular situation, such as the cost of hiring a caregiver
Wrongful Death Damages in a Fort Worth Uber Rideshare Accident
These damages are for certain family members of a deceased person. Our Fort Worth wrongful death attorney may be able to file a lawsuit that demands these damages if your loved one suffered fatal injuries in an accident.
Wrongful death damages can include the cost of a funeral, the cost of a cremation/burial, the financial impact of losing the family member, the emotional impact, the mental effects of losing the family member, loss of love, and/or the costs of any unpaid medical care. We can explain more about how wrongful death damages work in Texas during a free consultation.
For a free legal consultation with a uber accidents lawyer serving Fort Worth, call (817) 755-1800
Liability in Your Fort Worth, TX, Uber Accident Case
In your case, Uber, the Uber driver, or possibly another party could be liable for your damages. More than one party could even be liable, or one party could deflect liability onto another. Our attorney must determine which party is liable and then prove how they are responsible for the crash.
To determine which party is liable in your case, our attorney will see if anyone was negligent. They will look for evidence, such as:
- Event data recovery information indicating a party’s negligence
- Uber app details indicating negligence
- Police report details that show negligence
- Vehicle repair report details, which could show the driver didn’t maintain their vehicle
- Traffic camera footage showing the driver acting carelessly
- Witness photos of the accident scene
- A car accident reconstructionist’s statement about the incident
To establish a party’s liability, our lawyer will show precisely why they were negligent. This will require proving the following:
- The party owed you a responsibility to be careful, such as a responsibility to drive safely.
- The party was careless, such as by driving recklessly.
- The carelessness led to the Fort Worth accident.
- The incident resulted in damages you suffered or incurred.
Fort Worth Uber Accident Lawyer Near Me (817) 755-1800
Insurance Liability in a Fort Worth Uber Accident
Something else a lawyer may have to do is identify which party’s insurance applies in your case. If Uber’s insurance policy applies, we can pursue compensation by filing a claim with its insurer. If the driver’s insurance or another insurance applies, we can pursue that insurer instead.
Click to contact our Texas Uber Accident Lawyers today
How Our Fort Worth Uber Accident Lawyer Can Negotiate for Compensation
During negotiations, our legal professional will act in good faith and expect the insurer to do the same. We will request awards for all your damages.
Settling your case may be difficult if the insurer is uncooperative or uncompromising. For example, it could offer a low settlement amount or refuse to settle your case. We can advise you on how to handle this matter if it occurs.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Suing for Compensation Could Be an Option in Your Fort Worth Uber Case
If the insurer isn’t persuaded to settle your case, we can seek to sue the other party directly. Alternatively, if you want to skip negotiations with the insurer, you can sue the other party.
After filing the lawsuit(s), our lawyer could fight for your financial recovery in court. They also can share testimony from experts to support your case.
Contact Domingo Garcia for Your Uber Accident Lawyer in Fort Worth, Texas
If you or a loved one had a serious Uber accident in the Fort Worth area, you can collect damages and receive help with your case. Our Fort Worth Uber accident attorney can work to recover your damages for you. They can also help you get additional medical care by referring you to an expert we trust. You can read more about how we view our clients’ rights.
We started our firm 35 years ago, and since then, our attorneys have recovered awards for our clients. One of these successes was when our lead attorney, Domingo Garcia, obtained $1,100,000 for a car accident victim. We strive for success in all our cases, so you can expect your attorney to fight hard for your due compensation. We’ll tell you more in a free case review. Contact Domingo Garcia today.
Call or text (817) 755-1800 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form