More and more people are relying on Uber and similar rideshare services as an alternative to public transit or driving themselves. Uber drivers, however, are as human as anyone else. When they make a mistake behind the wheel, you could pay the price. An Uber accident can lead to catastrophic injuries or cause the death of a loved one.
To fight for the compensation you deserve after an Uber accident, you can put your case in the hands of a Texas Uber accident lawyer from our firm. We start helping our clients without charging any fees upfront.
Domingo Garcia has a long history of representing those injured or killed in accidents caused by Uber and other rideshare companies
Personal Injury Damages You Can Recover After Uber Accidents
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT), one person was injured in a car accident every two minutes and twelve seconds in 2021. This includes people injured in rideshare accidents.
If you were injured in an Uber accident, you could qualify to receive compensation for all of the ways the accident has affected your life. The damages our Texas rideshare accident lawyer can help you recover include:
- Medical costs, such as ambulance rides, surgeries, and medications you paid for because of the Uber accident including future medical costs you may need later on in life
- Pain and suffering related to your Uber accident injuries
- Lost or reduced income, if the Uber accident prevented you from working or returning to the same job
- Mental anguish, if the Uber crash caused your mental health to suffer
- Lost enjoyment and quality of life, which compensates you when you are unable to enjoy the things you did before the Uber crash
- Property damage if the Uber accident damaged your vehicle
A lawyer from Domingo Garcia can investigate and evaluate your Texas Uber accident to determine how much you should ask for in compensation. Our firm understands how to recover multi-million dollar settlements for our clients. For example, we once recovered $2.75 million for the family of a worker who was struck and killed by a commercial vehicle and $9,000,000 for a child that suffered a brain injury after being struck by a company truck..
Who Pays for Your Losses After an Uber Accident?
The driver who caused your accident and the company they are driving for are responsible for paying for your losses. You should not have to pay for any costs associated with the accident when you weren’t the one who caused it. This includes if you were a passenger in an Uber when the wreck occurred.
We will help you file an insurance claim with the appropriate party. In Uber accidents, you will either file a claim with the driver’s personal insurer, or the rideshare service’s insurer. The insurance claim we file will depend on what the driver was doing during the time of the crash.
For example, if the driver is not logged into the Uber app during the time of the accident, Uber’s provided insurance will not apply. We will file a claim with the driver’s insurer.
If the driver was logged into the app and was waiting for a passenger, Uber provides:
- $50,000 in bodily injury coverage per person
- $100,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $25,000 for property damage per accident
When the driver is logged in to Uber’s app and is on the way to pick up a passenger, or has a passenger, Uber provides $1,000,000 in insurance. Our Texas firm can explain more about Uber insurance when we handle your case.
If you were a passenger in an Uber and another car’s driver bears responsibility you can still make a claim under Uber’s insurance policy if the other driver’s insurance does not cover all of your losses.
Wrongful Death Damages from Uber Accidents in Texas
Some Uber accidents can turn deadly. If you lost a loved one because of an Uber accident, you can file a wrongful death lawsuit.
In a wrongful death lawsuit, you can recover compensation for the following losses:
- If you relied on your loved one’s income to support the household, you could sue for the loss of financial support that their passing reflects.
- If you had to pay to lay your loved one to rest or settle their estate, you could seek repayment for these end-of-life expenses.
- If the accident has taken your loved one much sooner than you expected, you could ask for compensation for the loss of companionship.
Our team can help you get your lawsuit filed.
Domingo Garcia Can Handle Your Uber Accident Case
When you hire our firm to handle your Texas Uber accident case, we will handle all the legal tasks for you.
Among the tasks we perform for clients are:
- Providing a free, confidential case review to everyone who calls our office
- Using the language of their choice—either English or Spanish—during consultations
- Examining all available evidence, including traffic cameras, police reports, medical records, medical bills, and witness testimony or video
- Figuring out how much money each client deserves and which parties (Uber, the Uber driver, etc.) are responsible for paying that money
- Meeting with the liable party’s insurance company and negotiating for the amount you know you deserve
- Representing you in court, if we feel that a trial is your best chance of recovering compensation
- Handling all paperwork, from evidence and trial exhibits to demand letters and settlement agreements
- Handling all communication with the other parties, including Uber, the driver, the insurance companies, and the court
- Answering your questions about the case and giving you advice on how to conduct your case
- Keeping a close eye on your case and contacting you whenever something happens
- Treating you with respect and compassion during a very difficult time
When to File a Texas Uber Accident Lawsuit
If you are considering filing a lawsuit, we encourage you to take action quickly because:
- Only cases that are filed within two years of the accident date are legally valid, as stated in Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
- Certain types of evidence may be easier to find—and less likely to be lost forever—if we ask for it right after the Uber accident versus years down the line.
- You need the money as quickly as possible, and the sooner you start the process of asking for it, the sooner it could be in your pocket.
Giving us as much time as you can to build a case is particularly important with Uber accidents. Because of the additional parties involved (the rideshare company as well as the drivers, passengers, etc.), Uber accident cases can be more complicated than other types of lawsuits.
Rest assured that the team at Domingo Garcia can handle the challenge of a tough case. We will navigate your case no matter how complex it is.
Let Our Texas Legal Team Help You After an Uber Crash
Founded 35 years ago, Domingo Garcia has been helping accident survivors hold reckless and negligent parties responsible for their actions. If you were injured in a Texas Uber accident, our lawyers can help you, too. Call us for a free, no-obligation case review today.