Rideshare crashes can cause devastating injuries that could entitle you to a personal injury money settlement. A Houston Lyft accident lawyer can help you hold the liable party accountable for your injuries and losses. If your close relative passed away from their injuries, we can file a wrongful death action requesting compensation for the legal beneficiaries.
Domingo Garcia is ready to get to work for you today. You can learn more about your next best steps in a free case review with our team.
Compensation You Can Recover After a Serious Injury in a Houston Lyft Accident
If you have been hurt in a Lyft crash in Houston, you could face several forms of debilitating injuries and losses. At Domingo Garcia, we promise that we will work hard to get you all the compensation you deserve. The types of money damages we can pursue for you, however, will depend on your circumstances. Our car accident attorneys perform a thorough investigation of all Houston Lyft accident cases we handle to advise you on the damages you could receive.
Here are some of the common categories of money damages that you might be able to pursue in these cases:
- Past and future lost wages. Lost wages cover the period from the moment of the collision until you finish your personal injury claim. Future lost wages address your losses if you cannot earn e as much money as before or do the same type of work as before your accident due to the lingering effects of your injuries.
- Past and future medical expenses. Your medical expenses can include the treatment you needed for your injuries. Future medical expenses will be the estimated cost if your treating physician or an expert doctor reasonably anticipates that you will need ongoing healthcare services as a result of your injuries.
- Intangible losses encompass a wide range of losses that usually do not have a concrete dollar amount/. Intangible losses include pain and suffering, mental anguish, disfigurement, impairment, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Wrongful death damages. When someone passes away because of the injuries they suffered in a Houston Lyft collision, their close relatives (wife, children, and parents)t qualify for compensation if they file a wrongful death claim. Domingo Garcia have handled numerous wrongful death lawsuits against Lyft and other rideshare companies.
Our accident lawyers know how to pursue the compensation you need and deserve. We have a track record of winning six- and seven-figure results, including $3 million for a motorcycle crash involving a commercial vehicle and multiple $1 million recoveries against Lyft and other rideshare companies. While we can’t guarantee a certain outcome, we can review your case’s facts, and advise you as to the value of your case after gathering all the necessary information.
For a free legal consultation with a lyft accidents lawyer serving Houston, call (713) 349-1500
Services that a Houston Lyft Accident Lawyer Can Provide
When we handle a motor vehicle crash claim, whether it is a personal injury or wrongful death action, we provide many services to our clients, including:
- Investigate the accident to establish the liability of the at-fault party
- Build your case through solid evidence and testimony
- Gather documents and other types of proof
- Interview potential witnesses who can testify about relevant issues in the case
- Work directly with the defendant’s insurance company and provide the information they need to process your claim
- Negotiate with the liable insurance carrier to try to win a settlement of your claim
- Always take the time to listen to you, be supportive, and answer your questions
- Take care of the legal matters so that you get to focus on the rest you need to recuperate from your wounds
- If the case does not settle and it is appropriate to do so, we can file a lawsuit to protect your right to compensation
- Perform the required discovery processes, like interrogatories, requests for the production of documents, depositions, and other forms of pre-trial discovery
- Prepare the case for trial and handle the trial on your behalf
- If the case does settle, we will carefully review all settlement documents to protect your rights
This list is merely an overview of some of the numerous functions that Domingo Garcia performs on behalf of rideshare accident clients.
Houston Lyft Accident Lawyer Near Me (713) 349-1500
Insurance Issues and Houston Rideshare Crashes
In a typical car accident, people who get injured can file a claim with the liable insurance carrier of the at-fault party, seeking money damages for their injuries and other losses. Rideshare accidents, on the other hand, involve the possibility of more than one insurance policy.
The Lyft rideshare driver should have a personal automobile liability insurance policy. Also, Lyft provides some liability insurance in certain situations. The policy that will apply will depend on the facts of your individual case.
- If the crash happened when the Lyft rideshare driver was not working, Lyft’s liability policy will likely not cover the accident. “Not working” means that the Lyft driver had the Lyft app turned off and was not waiting for a ride request, picking up a passenger, or transporting a passenger during a ride.
- If the collision occurred when the rideshare driver was picking up a passenger or transporting a passenger during a ride, Lyft’s liability insurance coverage will likely cover the accident.
- The more complex situation is when the Lyft rideshare driver had the app on but was waiting for a ride request. In this instance, if the rideshare driver’s personal automobile liability insurance policy does not cover a claim, Lyft’s liability coverage will apply.
Sometimes, the facts are such that the insurance coverage answers are unclear. Domingo Garcia will be happy to answer your questions about liability insurance as it applies to your claim.
Whether you were a rideshare driver, passenger, or another third party who was not in the rideshare vehicle, Domingo Garcia wants to help you if you got injured in a Lyft collision that was someone else’s fault. You can leave the insurance questions to us.
Click to contact our Houston Personal Injury Lawyers today
Contact Domingo Garcia for a Free Case Review
You do not have an unlimited amount of time to take legal action if you got hurt in a rideshare accident in the Houston area that was someone else’s fault. Please reach out to us today for a free consultation so that we can help you go after the compensation you deserve. Contact Domingo Garcia to start on the path to financial recovery today.
Call or text (713) 349-1500 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form