After a rideshare accident, you may feel lost about your options. Especially if you’re injured, it can be complicated to seek compensation on your own. After all, there are many responsible parties, insurance companies, and stipulations that may stand in your way. Having an attorney at your side can make this complicated process much easier.
Domingo Garcia can help you seek compensation for damages arising from an accident involving an Uber, Lyft, or other rideshare company. Our Dallas rideshare accident lawyers can pursue a claim to recover your medical expenses, lost wages, and more.
Our Dallas Attorneys Fight for Fair Compensation
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code Chapter 41, accident victims can pursue compensation for:
- Medical treatment. You may have significant medical damages if you or your loved one suffered a catastrophic injury. You should not face financial hardship because of medical bills from an accident you did not cause. Our Dallas rideshare accident lawyers can seek compensation for past and future medical expenses, including emergency transportation and treatment, surgeries, hospital stays, and long-term care services.
- Lost wages. Our lawyers can recover back pay and lost benefits, bonuses, tips, and other earnings. In addition, if you suffered a disabling injury that requires you to change jobs, reduce your hours, or quit working, we can pursue awards for the loss of your future earning potential.
- Pain and suffering. You deserve compensation for the toll your injuries take on your quality of life. We can pursue pain and suffering damages for permanent and disabling injuries, loss of mobility and paralysis, scarring, disfigurement, physical pain, mental anguish, emotional suffering, and loss of enjoyment of life.
- Vehicle and personal property damages. If a rideshare vehicle collided with your car, we can seek the cost of vehicle repairs or a replacement. If you suffered injuries as a rideshare passenger, we can seek to recover the cost of damaged personal items.
- Various expenses. We can help you identify and pursue other losses resulting from your accident and injury, including the cost of household services and medically-necessary home modifications.
- Wrongful death. If your spouse, parent, or child sustained a fatal injury during a rideshare accident, our lawyers can help you pursue wrongful death compensation. Awards may include medical bills, funeral and burial expenses, your loved one’s lost earnings and lost earning capacity, and surviving family members’ mental pain and anguish.
For a free legal consultation with a rideshare accidents lawyer serving Dallas, call (214) 941-8300
Let Domingo Garcia Fight for You
Attorney Domingo Garcia and his team have been fighting for Texas personal injury clients for more than 35 years. Our sole focus is helping accident victims secure the compensation they need to get back their financial footing. Our firm will:
- File your insurance claims or lawsuits and manage related paperwork and deadlines.
- Collect evidence to support your claims, including police reports, medical records, witness statements, surveillance video, photos, data from your crash site, and testimony from subject matter experts.
- Communicate with insurance agents and opposing counsel – saving you time and energy and protecting you from making a mistake that could hurt your case.
- Negotiate for the most favorable settlement available to you.
- Represent you at trial, if necessary.
Do Not Wait to Long to Take Action
The statute of limitations for pursuing a personal injury or wrongful death lawsuit in Texas is two years, according to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003. Deadlines can vary depending on the circumstances of your case. Your lawyer can help you interpret and meet these requirements
If you do not meet the statutory deadlines, the court may bar you from pursuing your case. Miss deadlines can also hurt your chances of a fair out-of-court settlement.
Dallas Rideshare Accident Lawyer Near Me (214) 941-8300
Financial Responsibility for Rideshare Accidents in Texas
According to Texas Transportation Code § 1954.051-053, rideshare drivers must have insurance to pay for accidents they cause. Mandated insurance minimums for transportation network company drivers are as follows:
- When a driver is logged into a rideshare company’s digital network but is between prearranged rides:
- $50,000 for bodily injury or death to one person
- $100,000 for bodily injury or death per accident
- $25,000 for damage or destruction to property
- When a driver is engaged in a prearranged ride either on their way to pick up a passenger or transporting a passenger:
- $1 million for bodily injury, death, or property damage per accident
Uber and Lyft provide drivers with adequate coverage. However, because drivers are not employees but independent contractors, it can be difficult to further hold rideshare companies financially responsible if their driver caused the accident.
You may have a claim against a third party. For example, if another car hit your Uber, that driver may bear financial responsibility for your losses. Additionally, you may have a claim against a private or government roadway owner or a manufacturer if negligent road conditions or vehicle defects contributed to your crash.
Uber and Lyft drivers may also be able to file third-party claims for accidents they didn’t cause. A car accident attorney from our firm can walk you through your options, whatever your role in the accident was.
Rideshare Accident Injuries
As with any car accident, collisions involving a rideshare vehicle can result in severe and catastrophic injuries, including:
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs). Johns Hopkins Medicine notes that motor vehicle accidents are a leading cause of TBI. Head injuries can cause a range of serious and sometimes permanent side effects, including cognitive deficits, speech problems, loss of coordination and balance, depression, behavioral changes, and inability to perform activities of daily living (ADLs).
- Spinal cord injuries (SCIs). Mayo Clinic reports that vehicle collisions are also a leading cause of SCIs. SCIs can cause partial or complete loss of mobility and feeling below the injury site, as well as severe secondary conditions like loss of bowel and bladder control, loss of sexual functioning and infertility, and respiratory and circulatory problems.
- Abdominal and chest injuries. The force of a car crash can cause catastrophic internal injuries. Accident victims may suffer damage to the heart, liver, lungs, or kidneys. According to MedlinePlus, internal bleeding is also a severe medical emergency that can quickly become deadly.
Other rideshare accident injuries may include:
- Back and shoulder injuries
- Broken bones
- Facial injuries
- Loss of a limb
- Loss of hearing, speech, or vision
- Severe cuts and bruising
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Contact Domingo Garcia today to learn more about how our Dallas rideshare accident lawyers can advocate for you. We offer free consultations and can take your case on contingency, meaning you don’t pay anything until we win.