Road construction and maintenance are crucial to improving traffic flows around Houston and ensuring its highways run smoothly. However, construction zones also create hazards that can lead to catastrophic accidents.
Did you or someone you love sustain severe injuries in a crash due to highway construction in your area? If so, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and related expenses. Our Houston highway construction accident lawyer will help you file an insurance claim or lawsuit seeking financial recovery.
How Our Highway Construction Accident Lawyer Builds Your Case
Building a solid case after an accident is a serious legal matter. When our Houston personal injury lawyer represents you, we bring familiarity with the law to your case. We also do the following on your behalf:
- Investigate the details of your accident.
- Compile physical evidence and documents.
- Draft and file your insurance claim or lawsuit.
- Handle all case-related communication.
- Consult subject matter expert witnesses.
- Clarify legal and insurance jargon.
Our team works hard to negotiate a fair and appropriate financial outcome. However, if we cannot settle your case, we will not hesitate to take your case to court.
How We Prove Negligence Caused Your Highway Construction Accident
You see roads and highways under construction just about every day in Harris County. Such projects require you and others to apply extra vigilance when driving. Even then, someone might recklessly or carelessly cause a crash through no fault of your own. So, to prove the cause of your accident, we collect the following evidence:
- Accident report detailing the accident’s causes and contributing factors
- Statements from accident witnesses and relevant expert witnesses
- Accident reconstruction reports
- Photos and diagrams of the scene
- Highway construction vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance records
We also collect evidence that proves the costs you incur as a result of the accident, including the following:
- Medical records and bills detailing your injuries
- A written prognosis outlining the care you will require in the future
- Employment and salary history records detailing your financial losses
Leave the collecting, organizing, and submitting of evidence to us. We take care of it for you so you can concentrate on your recovery.
For a free legal consultation with a highway construction accidents lawyer serving Houston, call (713) 349-1500
Compensation Our Houston Construction Accident Lawyer Requests for You
After an accident, you can recover various damages. So, to ensure we do not undervalue your case, we request compensation for the following:
- Economic damages: Current and future medical bills and lost wages, assistive medical devices, treatment-related travel expenses, property damage and loss, and diminished property value.
- Noneconomic damages: Physical pain and suffering, mental or emotional pain or anguish, disfigurement, physical impairment, inconvenience, and loss of enjoyment of life.
At Domingo Garcia, we aim to ensure we do not overlook or omit any valid expenses or losses from your claim. Thus, we will create a comprehensive list of your recoverable damages before crafting a demand letter.
Wrongful Death Actions
Did a family member die in a highway construction accident? If so, we at Domingo Garcia offer our sincerest condolences. When you’re ready to proceed, our wrongful death lawyers can seek damages for surviving family members, including the costs of making final arrangements for your loved one. We’ll also request recovery of your loved one’s financial and familial contributions to the family. Finally, when applicable, you can also recover compensation for your loss of consortium, companionship, and guidance.
Houston Highway Construction Accident Lawyer Near Me (713) 349-1500
How Texas’ Statute of Limitations Affects Your Case in Houston
A crash on a busy highway—especially one involving heavy construction trucks and equipment—can lead to catastrophic injuries or fatalities. However, you have limited time to file a lawsuit against the at-fault parties. In Houston, Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003 generally entitles you to:
- Two years from the accident date to comply with the personal injury statute of limitations.
- Two years from the day your loved one died to abide by the wrongful death statute of limitations.
Failure to comply with the statute of limitations could mean the at-fault parties or their representatives will request the immediate dismissal of your case. However, when our law firm handles your case, we will file your suit on time and ensure it meets all legal parameters.
Click to contact our Texas Construction Accident Lawyers today
The Aftermath of a Highway Construction Accident Can Change Lives Forever
The extent and severity of your injuries will determine how much you can recover in an insurance claim or lawsuit. However, our law firm understands how a serious accident takes more than a financial toll. It can also leave you with psychological trauma. Thus, the compensation we recover for you considers all these costs when assigning a monetary value to your case.
If the accident resulted in a fatality, the decedent’s family could face emotional and financial havoc. Our law firm understands that nothing can atone for your family’s loss. However, we also know Texas law allows you to recover many forms of compensation to help your family after its loss. You have our heartfelt sympathies and our commitment to fighting for your family’s rights.
Our History of Client Settlements and Verdicts
We founded Domingo Garcia 35 years ago with a commitment to recovering the compensation our injured clients need. Reasonable and appropriate compensation ensures you get the medical care you need after the accident while covering household bills that might otherwise go unmet. Finally, it ensures the at-fault parties meet their financial responsibility.
Our recent victories include the following:
- 18-wheeler truck accident settlement: $8,750,000
- Construction accident settlement: $4,000,000
- Negligent forklift operation settlement: $2,850,000
- Commercial motor vehicle accident settlement: $2,750,000
- 18-wheeler wreck settlement: $1,191,560.52
We invite you to learn more about what it means to have our results-driven team supporting your compensation request after an accident.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call for a Free Review of Your Case Today
Our client-focused team at Domingo Garcia is committed to holding at-fault parties responsible for the costs of a highway construction accident caused by their negligence. We are also passionate about recovering damages for the injured clients we represent, helping them manage this challenging time in their lives.
Our law firm will review your case at no cost or obligation. When you become our client, we stop at nothing to achieve the best possible outcome for your case. So, get started with a free review of your case today by contacting our consultation team at Domingo Garcia.
Call or text (713) 349-1500 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form