If you or a family member suffered a car accident, truck accident, or another kind of accident on I-45, you likely suffered serious injuries. This can be a scary situation; however, you can demand compensation to cover your injuries and other damages.
Our firm will demand those damages on your behalf while you focus on health and family matters. A personal injury lawyer from Domingo Garcia will fight for all of your due damages, even if it means suing the other driver or possibly even the city. During a free consultation, we’ll tell you all about working with an I-45 accident lawyer in Houston.
What Damages Can I Demand in My I-45 Accident Case?
The Houston area has a number of major interchanges, including I-10, I-69, US 290, I-610, I-69, and I-45. According to Popular Mechanics, I-45 is the most dangerous in the U.S. People can suffer injuries in Interstate 45 accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, and other types of vehicles.
In any case, a victim’s injuries could be catastrophic, especially in accidents involving motorcycles, trucks, and other commercial vehicles. As a victim, you or your family member likely has many physical, emotional, and financial damages you can demand from the party responsible for the accident. These could be:
- Physical disability due to trauma to limbs, internal organs, the spine, the neck, or the head
- Disfigurement, possibly due to facial lacerations caused by shattering glass
- Pain and suffering
- Mental anguish due to the terrible accident and your injuries
- Emotional suffering or trauma
- Loss of consortium
- Medical bills, including bills for emergency medical attention, hospital care, medication, physical therapy, occupational therapy, extended care, assistive care, assistive medical devices, and/or accommodative home renovations
- Property-related bills, such as the bills for the repair or replacement of your vehicle and any property within it
- Lost income and work benefits while you recover from your injuries
- Lost income-earning potential
Wrongful Death Damages
If you lost a family member in a car, truck, or other accident, certain family members or the representative of your loved one’s estate can file for wrongful death damages, such as:
- Any pain your loved one experienced
- Emotional suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Your loved one’s accident-related medical bills
- Loss of inheritance for the income your loved one provided
- Funeral and burial/cremation costs
For a free legal consultation with a i-45 accidents lawyer serving Houston, call (713) 349-1500
What Can I Expect from My I-45 Accident Lawyer in Houston?
You can expect a lot out of your Houston I-45 accident lawyer. Once your lawyer takes over your case from you, you’ll be able to rely on your lawyer to handle each component of building and settling (or litigating) your accident case. These components include:
- Identifying your compensable damages: Your lawyer will look at your medical records, vehicle repair estimates/bills, and other documentation in order to identify your damages. Your lawyer can even refer you to a medical professional who can help identify certain damages.
- Evaluating your damages: Next, your lawyer will have to determine the value of your non-financial damages.
- Identifying the liable party or parties: The driver, their employer, or another driver could be liable for your damages. Alternatively, the city may be liable if it neglected to keep the freeway safe. Your lawyer will seek out evidence, such as traffic camera footage or vehicle event data recorder information, to determine who’s liable.
- Establishing liability: To hold another party liable, your lawyer must prove another party is negligent. To prove negligence, your lawyer must prove that another party injured you by breaching their duty to you. For example, the driver might have violated Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) regulations for taking breaks and fallen asleep at the wheel.
- Negotiating your settlement: To resolve your case, your lawyer will attempt to negotiate with the other driver’s insurance company for a fair settlement.
- Litigating, if necessary: If our team determines this is the best option, your lawyer can file a car accident lawsuit for you.
If we decide that filing a lawsuit is necessary, we will act quickly to meet the deadline under Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003.
Houston I-45 Accident Lawyer Near Me (713) 349-1500
About Our Houston I-45 Accident Lawyers
If you’re considering legal representation in your case, you should consult with an attorney from our Texas firm. Our firm has over 35 years of experience handling catastrophic car accident cases like yours, and each of our attorneys benefits from that experience.
During our time in practice, our team has had a lot of success, and we owe much of it to our lead attorney, Domingo Garcia. Early in our practice, in 1995, he was able to recover $1,100,000 for a car accident victim. Since then, he and his team have been able to recover million-dollar settlements and verdicts for more clients. In fact, Domingo Garcia was awarded a spot in the Texas Top 50 Settlement for 2019.
Other verdicts we have recovered for accident victims include:
- $8.75 million for an 18-wheeler accident
- $3 million for a motorcyclist injured in an accident with a commercial vehicle
To Domingo and his team, success is about more than helping our clients recover financially. It’s also about helping our clients recover in other ways. For example, your attorney can help you get any further medical care you may need, even if you lack health coverage. Your attorney might also be able to get your medical payments delayed until after you receive your payout.
Click to contact our Texas Highway Accident Lawyers today
Contact Us Today for a Houston I-45 Accident Lawyer
To learn more about our team at Domingo Garcia, reach out to us. We’ll consult with you for free. We can speak with you about any kind of accident you or a family member suffered on I-45 or another major Houston interchange. If you decide to hire a Houston I-45 accident lawyer from our team, your lawyer will do everything possible to help you and your family recover from the incident.
Reach out to us today for your free consultation.
Call or text (713) 349-1500 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form