The National Safety Council states the most common type of car accident is a rear-end collision. According to the latest data, rear-end collisions account for 41.6% of crashes with other motor vehicles.
If you are the victim of a rear-end accident, you may feel inconvenienced by the thought of getting your car fixed. You might also have serious injuries to recover from. Our team can help you seek compensation from the at-fault party. We’re ready to build your case and explain your legal options so you can hold the liable party accountable.
At Domingo Garcia, we offer free help in getting the insurance company to pay for property damage if we are handling your personal injury car wreck case. And remember, we can always help you find a doctor or clinic that will not ask for any payment until your case is settled.
What Is a Rear-End Collision?
A rear-end collision happens when one car strikes another car from the rear. This type of accident can happen at traffic lights, stop signs, or even heavily trafficked highways. Typically, a rear-end collision involves two vehicles, but sometimes a rear-end accident can cause a pile-up and involve multiple vehicles. In some cases, a rear-end accident leads to vehicles sliding off the road.
Determining fault for a rear-end collision can be difficult because Texas law does not make a driver that rear-ends another car or truck automatically responsible for the damage. A car accident lawyer from our firm can help determine liability.
For a free legal consultation, call (214) 941-8300
Car Accident Injuries Can Range in Severity
The severity of the impact of the collision will likely dictate how serious your injuries are. You could potentially feel the lingering effects of your injuries for months after your accident happened. Common injuries that can affect you after a rear-end collision are:
- Neck injuries: Whiplash is a common injury after a rear-end collision because of the forceful, rapid movement of the neck. Whiplash affects spinal bones, disks between the bones, ligaments, muscles, nerves, and soft tissue in the neck. Some neck injuries like disc herniation can require surgery like cervical spinal cord fusion.
- Back injuries: Back pain, slipped discs, and sometimes more serious back injuries may occur after a rear-end crash. More serious injuries like spinal cord injury leading to paralysis can occur with violent collisions.
- Arm and leg injuries: The force of car accidents causes arms and legs to hit objects or other vehicle parts inside the car. You may experience broken bones or severe bruising.
- Concussion or Traumatic brain injury: One of the most common serious injuries from a rear end collision is a brain injury. This happens because the brain is thrown forward and backward inside the skull which can cause brain damage even microscopic.
It is important you receive medical treatment following an accident. Your doctor will provide a treatment plan and proof of your injuries that we can use in your case.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Many car accidents are preventable. Driver error, poor road conditions, and even defective or poorly maintained vehicles can cause car accidents. Some common causes of car accidents include:
A driver error car accident may involve:
- Texting while driving, changing music in the car, adjusting a car seat, looking at something on the side of the road, or looking at another passenger in the vehicle
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, which can affect how a driver views the road and avoids obstacles
- Fatigued driving
- Poor decision-making such as tailgating, driving at unsafe speeds, or making risky passes
Poor Road Conditions
Poor road conditions can lead to dangerous accidents resulting in serious injury or death. Some road conditions that can cause car accidents are:
- Uneven lanes on the road
- Narrow roads
- Cracks, breaks or potholes in the road
- Construction on a road or highway
- Construction debris on the road
- Inadequate signage informing of road conditions or changes
- Lack of sufficient shoulder on the road
In some cases, a vehicle may have a defective part due to a manufacturing error. Depending on the circumstances, you may be able to hold the manufacturer liable for your accident.
Ignoring proper maintenance of a vehicle can also cause car accidents. Choosing not to replace or repair major car parts like worn brake pads or resolve issues with the steering, acceleration, braking, tires, or lights causes bigger problems that can affect many people’s lives.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Contact Our Car Accident Team for Help After an Accident
When you suffer injuries in an accident, you may decide to file an insurance claim or a lawsuit to seek the compensation you need. Handling a case on your own quickly becomes complicated. If you are unsure of what to do, a car accident lawyer from our firm can help. We know how to investigate an accident and help you fight for a fair case outcome.
Statistics clearly show that car accident victims that retain a qualified lawyer receive more money than if they try to represent themselves even after subtracting out the attorneys’ fees. So do not sell yourself short when you have been hurt in a rear-end car accident.
If you suffered injuries in a car accident and have questions, contact us to receive a free consultation. A member of our team at Domingo Garcia is happy to explain your legal options and listen to the details of your case. Reaching out to us as soon as possible after the accident helps us to follow timelines and gather pertinent information regarding your case. Call us today to begin working on your case.
Call or text (214) 941-8300 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form