It’s advisable to hire an accident attorney as soon as you know you’ve suffered an accident-related injury. The sooner you speak with an attorney, the sooner you can begin building a plan to pursue compensation. Similarly, an attorney can explain which damages you can recover in your case.
Our personal injury attorneys have experience advocating for injured accident victims. Domingo Garcia has a long history of successful recoveries for victims of truck wrecks, car accidents, and construction and work injuries among other causes of personal injury or wrongful death.
The Benefits of Hiring an Attorney Soon After Your Accident
There are a few potential benefits to hiring an attorney early on in your case. Having an accident lawyer on your side means you can:
- Avoid missing the statute of limitations deadline: Each state limits the amount of time you have to file a lawsuit. When you hire an attorney early on in your case, you can avoid missing your window to file.
- Provide time to gather evidence: The more time your lawyer has to gather evidence, the better. When you contact a legal team early, you provide them with ample time to build your case and identify an at-fault party.
- Remain updated on case deadlines: An experienced legal team will know every deadline associated with your case. They can tell you when vital documentation is due, helping you avoid simple mistakes.
- Avoid stressful time crunches: Pursuing compensation can be stressful, even with a lawyer in your corner. Getting a head start on your case can reduce stress by avoiding time crunches.
For a free legal consultation, call (214) 941-8300
What do Accident Attorneys Do?
Accident attorneys provide several services, including:
- Gathering evidence and determining fault
- Explaining what your options and next steps are
- Fighting for compensation on your behalf
- Negotiating with insurers and other relevant parties
- Protecting your rights
In the aftermath of an accident, you may feel stressed, confused, and overwhelmed. A lawyer can approach your case with focus and clarity, providing much-needed breathing room. While they pursue compensation, you can focus on healing from your injuries.
The Cost of an Accident Attorney
Unexpected accidents are often expensive. For this reason, you may be hesitant to hire an accident attorney – why would you add another avoidable expense?
Luckily, accident attorneys usually work on a contingency-fee-basis, meaning that:
- They’ll charge you nothing upfront
- They won’t get paid until they win your case
Therefore, you could acquire legal representation completely risk-free.
Click to contact our personal injury lawyers today
Types of Personal Injury Accidents an Attorney Can Help You With
Some examples of personal injury accidents include the following:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Product liability
- Premises liability
- Slip and fall
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Wrongful death
- Truck accidents
- Oilfield accidents
- Construction accidents
- Work injury
- Oil rig accidents
Negligence Plays a Role in Your Accident Case
Personal injury accidents hinge on negligence. To win a personal injury case, you must prove that another party’s negligence caused your injuries.
Examples of negligence include:
- A driver running a red light and hitting you with their car
- A grocery store failing to mark an unsafe patch of floor
- A trucking company hiring drivers with dangerous records
- An oil company exposing their workers to hazardous working conditions
You could receive compensation if your lawyer successfully links negligent behavior to your injuries. So, hiring a lawyer as soon as possible could prove beneficial – they can review your case to determine if you’re eligible for damages.
Establishing Negligence After an Accident
Lawyers use evidence to establish negligence. Some types of evidence we can use as we build your case include:
- Traffic camera footage
- Security camera footage
- Phone videos and pictures
- Eyewitness statements
- Medical records
- Police reports
Evidence varies depending on case type. For example, an oilfield accident will involve different types of evidence than a car accident case. This variability means you need to know where to look. Luckily, an accident attorney can manage this task on your behalf. You don’t need to gather evidence alone.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
What Damages Can an Accident Attorney Secure for You?
Personal injury is a vast category of law, covering everything from car accidents to slip and fall cases. During a personal injury case, a lawyer could fight for the following damages on your behalf:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Reduced earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Wrongful death damages
- Reduced quality of life
The damages you can recover depend on the details of your case. We will take a look at all the losses you suffered to ensure our demand for damages adequately compensates you.
You Could Pursue Wrongful Death Damages
Wrongful death is a subsection of personal injury law dealing with cases involving fatalities. If you lost a loved one due to another party’s negligence, your lawyer could pursue the following damages on your behalf:
- Funeral expenses
- Burial expenses
- Loss of financial support
- Loss of companionship
- Pain and suffering
- Medical bills incurred before the passing of your loved one
Pursuing Damages in an Accident Case
Lawyers can typically pursue damages in one of two ways:
- Negotiate with insurers: At-fault parties in personal injury cases often carry liability insurance. This type of insurance could pay for your injuries. However, to secure it, you’ll need to negotiate with the at-fault party’s insurer. A lawyer can manage these negotiations on your behalf.
- File a lawsuit: Sometimes, insurance negotiations don’t produce a desirable result. If this occurs, a lawyer could file a lawsuit. Remember, lawsuits don’t always end in a trial – settling outside of court before a trial occurs is possible.
Both of these approaches are less confusing when you have knowledge of the following:
- Insurance regulations
- Legal proceedings
- Personal injury law
You can leave your case to an attorney from our firm who has experience navigating the legal process.
Contact an Accident Attorney Today
At Domingo Garcia, we’ve won millions of dollars in compensation for our clients. We’re proud to stand up for those in need. We approach each case with tenacity and commitment – we will fight every step of the way for the compensation you deserve. Contact our offices for a free case review today to get started on your case.
Call or text (214) 941-8300 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form