Head-on collisions account for about 14 percent of traffic fatalities in the United States, according to the latest statistics from the Federal Highway Administration (FHA). In Texas, head-on collision accidents killed nearly 600 people in 2019, per the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT). Even those who survive head-on collisions can still suffer severe injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries, which could result in paralysis
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) and other head injuries
- Broken bones from the frontal impact, such as in the ribs, legs, and arms
- Facial injuries, such as cuts and scarring from broken windshield glass
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Burns from fuel fires if the speed of the collision caused the engine to set fire
- Loss of limb, including amputation if appendage injuries were too severe
If you or a loved one suffered severe injuries in a head-on collision in Dallas, Texas, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit and demand compensation for your damages. A Dallas head-on collision accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can represent your case. Our legal team offers the first consultation for free to listen to your case and discuss what options you have to pursue compensation from the at-fault driver or a related liable party. With a track record spanning 35 years, we are ready to help you.
Our Team Will Fight for Compensation for Your Head-On Collision Injuries
Because of the nature of head-on collisions, many accident victims incur several damages beyond their financial means, especially if their injuries prevented them from being able to work. Catastrophic injuries in particular can lead to severe financial and psychological stress. A missing limb or a traumatic brain injury (TBI) are life-altering events.
Our legal team will discuss what kind of damages you may qualify to pursue after listening to your case, then calculate an approximate figure that fairly covers your damages.
The following are some key categories of damages we consider when estimating how much compensation to demand on behalf of our clients:
Economic losses refer to:
- Medical expenses for your treating your injuries
- Property damage to your vehicle and how much it would cost to repair the damages
- The actual cash value of your vehicle if it was totaled in the head-on collision
- Loss of income if your injuries were so severe you had to take extended leave from work to recover or receive medical treatment
- Reduced earning potential if your injuries affect your ability to perform your pre-accident job duties and now require you to take a lower-paying position
Our team will also factor in any future financial damages you may face if you are still recovering from your injuries or now face permanent changes as a result of them.
Non-economic losses refer to:
- Pain and suffering, such as chronic pain from your injuries and mental anguish
- Emotional distress if you suffer from depression, anxiety, or insomnia because of the accident
- Psychological trauma from the accident, including diagnosed post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) having survived a near-death experience
- Permanent disability (e.g., paralysis) or physical disfigurement (e.g., facial damage that requires plastic surgery to fix) resulting from a catastrophic injury
- Diminished quality of life
Non-economic damages include all physical, emotional, and mental losses, so your case may list injuries not mentioned in this article.
Wrongful Death Losses
High-speed collisions between two oncoming vehicles can result in a loss of life. If you lost a loved one in a head-on collision in Dallas, our team wants to help you hold the at-fault driver or other parties accountable. We can review your case and see if you qualify for additional damages than a standard personal injury case, such as:
- Costs to arrange your loved one’s funeral
- Loss of financial support if your loved one contributed to the family’s net worth
- Loss of companionship or parental guidance
- Loss of consortium
A wrongful death lawyer from our team can fight for compensation that can help you and your family recover from the accident. While a legal case cannot bring your loved one back, pursuing this type of action may help you ease any financial setbacks you are facing. Our team has won multiple high-value settlements and verdicts for our clients, with some of them clearing over $7,000,000.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Dallas, call (214) 941-8300
Building a Head-On Collision Case Takes Team Effort That We Can Provide
Working with a car accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia means you can focus on your physical recovery while we do the legal work on your behalf. The trauma of a head-on collision can leave people shaken, especially if the crash resulted in a permanent disability or the loss of a loved one. While you handle immediate personal matters to cope with the accident, our legal team can get to work on your case by:
- Retrieving information about the head-on collision, such as requesting a copy of the official crash report
- Collecting evidence for your case, which may involve interviewing witnesses, getting copies of video footage that captured the accident (e.g., dashcam videos or traffic camera footage), and consulting expert witnesses (e.g., accident reconstruction analysts, mechanics, and medical professionals)
- Reviewing insurance policies and filling out the appropriate legal paperwork so that it is accurate and correct
- Speaking with insurance adjusters and other inquiring parties on your behalf
- Preparing your case for trial if you decide to file a lawsuit against the defending party
- Meeting with the opposing party’s legal team to negotiate a settlement deal if possible
We understand litigation can be confusing for many people, which is why our team will also be available to provide legal counsel whenever you have questions about your case. If you would like to learn more about what kind of services a Dallas head-on collision accident lawyer from our team can provide you, feel free to speak with one of our team members in a free consultation.
Dallas Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me (214) 941-8300
Texas Only Gives a Short Window for You to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit
According to Texas Civil Practice and Remedies Code § 16.003, injured victims only have two years from the date of their head-on collision to file a personal injury lawsuit. This is a short window to build a legal case if your injuries require long-term medical care, as the statutory deadline remains strict.
If you don’t file your case on time, you could lose your opportunity to pursue compensation through the state’s legal system. A reviewing judge may dismiss your case, which would absolve the defendant party of liability. Our legal team works to avoid this outcome once we take on a client. We will take appropriate steps to confirm your case’s deadline. Then we can submit it so that it remains valid in Texas.
Click to contact our Texas Head-On Collision Accident Lawyers today
Have More Questions? Call Domingo Garcia Today for a Free Consultation
If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a head-on collision in Dallas, Texas, our legal team at Domingo Garcia wants to hear about your case. We help clients have their cases heard in court so that they may be able to recover their damages through financial compensation. One of our Dallas head-on collision accident lawyers can represent you and advocate for your legal interests.
At Domingo Garcia, we offer the first consultation for free to discuss what legal options are available to you. All you have to do is call the number on our website and one of our team members will speak with you right away. Call now to begin your legal journey.
Call or text (214) 941-8300 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form