The Federal Highway Administration (FHA) lists head-on collisions as the main cause of about 14 percent of traffic accident fatalities that occur in the United States per year. Even when not fatal, head-on collisions can cause severe or catastrophic injuries, such as:
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs)
- Facial injuries, including deep cuts or scarring caused by broken windshield glass
- Bone fractures, particularly in the frontal torso, legs, and arms
- Neck injuries, including paralysis and disc herniation
- Internal organ damage and bleeding
- Amputation, especially of legs from massive crush injuries
- Fetal damage for those who were pregnant at the time of the accident
If you or a loved one experienced a head-on collision in Texas that resulted in major injury or even death, you may qualify to file a personal injury claim or lawsuit. You can demand accountability from the other driver for their negligence. A Texas head-on collision accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can serve as your legal representative and guide you throughout your case journey.
Our Legal Team Can Help You Determine How Much Compensation to Demand
Each accident case is different, which is why we take the time to fully understand what losses you suffered after the head-on collision. For many people, their damages go beyond their medical bills, especially if they incurred a temporary or permanent disability that prevents them from working. Additionally, damages are not exclusive to financial losses but can also include physical, emotional, and mental losses.
Some examples of common damages people claim in their car accident cases include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Pain and suffering and inconvenience
- Property damage expenses, such as costs to repair a vehicle
- Actual cash value of the vehicle if it was totaled from the head-on collision
- Emotional distress, which is a category that includes depression, anxiety, and loss of sleep (insomnia)
- Reduced earning potential
- Current and future loss of income, including benefits and pensions
- Damages related to living with a permanent disability or physical disfigurement
- Out-of-pocket expenses, such as costs for medical aid equipment (e.g., a wheelchair) or domestic services (e.g., caregiving services)
- Diminished quality of life, including loss of enjoyment in former activities and hobbies
You may claim more specific damages related to your situation depending on how the head-on collision affected your life.
For a free legal consultation with a head-on collisions lawyer serving Texas, call (214) 941-8300
Surviving Family Members Who Qualify Can File Wrongful Death Actions
The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) recorded nearly 600 fatalities caused by head-on collisions in recent statistics. Unfortunately, news stories about people passing away in head-on collisions are all too common, such as a 28-year-old woman who died in a head-on collision near the JBS Parkway in Odessa, Texas.
If your loved one passed away because of a head-on collision in Texas, our team wants to help you seek justice and hold the appropriate party or parties accountable for the losses you’ve suffered. You may qualify to file a wrongful death action, which would allow you to pursue additional damages, such as:
- Costs for funeral services, including burial or cremation services
- Loss of consortium for the surviving spouse
- Loss of parental guidance for the surviving child(ren)
- Loss of financial support if your loved one contributed to the family’s net worth
- Loss of inheritance if you had to cover expenses related to the accident
- Medical debts passed down to you or your family
Our firm understands dealing with the sudden loss of a loved one can be a chaotic time, which is why we want to give you some peace of mind when it comes to taking care of your case. Let us handle the burden of building your claim or lawsuit while you take care of personal matters.
Texas Head-On Collisions Lawyer Near Me (214) 941-8300
What to Expect When Working With a Texas Head-On Collision Accident Lawyer
When you hire an attorney from our firm to represent you in Texas, you can expect the following services:
- Investigating your head-on collision, which can range from retrieving a copy of your official crash report to interviewing witnesses who saw the accident occur
- Collecting evidence for your case, such as dashcam footage that caught the moments up until the collision or photos of the accident scene
- Hiring accident reconstruction experts to preserve evidence and establish legal liability
- Speaking with insurance adjusters and other inquiring parties on your behalf to protect your case
- Meeting with the defending party’s legal team in an effort to negotiate a settlement deal before going to court
- Filing your lawsuit, aggressively pursuing the case in court and obtaining evidence from the at fault driver and responsible parties by subpoena
- Preparing your case arguments for trial and discussing what you may expect during that process
- Giving legal counsel whenever you face decisions, such as whether you should pursue multiple claims if more than one party may be liable for your damages
If you would like to learn more about how an attorney from Domingo Garcia can help you with your Texas car accident case, one of our team members can explain our services in more detail in a free consultation.
Click to contact our Texas Car Accident Lawyers today
Texas Gives a Two-Year Filing Window for Those Who Want to Take Legal Action
All Texan car accident lawsuits must comply with the statute of limitations written in Texas Civil Practice Remedies Code § 16.003, which states that you generally have two years from the date of the collision to file your case. If you are filing a wrongful death action instead, then the deadline shifts to two years from the date of the victim’s death.
Our team will take appropriate steps to file your case on time so that it remains valid in court. Failure to submit your lawsuit by its statutory deadline could absolve the defendant of liability, which would mean you would lose your right to pursue compensation from them. Two years is not a lot of time to prepare a case, especially if you are still recovering from injuries, so don’t hesitate to reach out today.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
Call Domingo Garcia Today to Get a Free Consultation About Your Case
If you or someone you love suffered injuries in a head-on collision in Texas, you may have grounds to demand compensation from the at-fault driver or a related party who may be held liable for your damages. A Texas head-on collision accident lawyer from Domingo Garcia can lead an investigation into your case, then build an argument against the defending party on your behalf.
Founded 35 years ago, our firm helps clients fight for the financial recovery they need. We’ve helped clients win multimillion-dollar settlements and verdicts throughout Texas. Want to know more about how our team can help you with your case? Call now to get a free consultation with one of our team members and find out how you can begin your legal journey today.
Call or text (214) 941-8300 or complete
a Free Case Evaluation form