Houston Oil Field Accident Attorneys
If you or a family member has suffered a serious accident or injury on an oil-field, our attorneys are ready to represent you. Call us at 713-349-1500 for a free consultation or fill out our form to contact you.
Hire the Best Houston Attorney for your Oil-Field Injury
Living in Texas you can’t drive too far down any stretch of road without being reminded that we are the center of oil country. In 2019, our state accounted for 41% of the nation’s entire crude oil production and 25% of its marketed natural gas production! This industry provides for anywhere between 300 – 400,000 jobs for people in Texas, making the Oil and Gas sector a huge part of our economy.
The oil field industry doesn’t have the best record when it comes to workplace fatalities. According to the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were at least 1,566 workers who died from injuries that they sustained from working in the oil and gas extraction fields from 2008 to 2017. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), this industry has a fatality rate of around 25 deaths per 100,000 workers.
The attorneys at the Law Office of Domingo Garcia has been representing victims of oil field injuries for over three decades. Attorney Domingo brings a specialized team of attorneys to handle all of your needs, and help create a plan for your case. It is important for us to make sure that not only are your legal needs taken care of, but that you can be confident and know that your settlement will include all of your out of pocket expenses. Please contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our oil field injury attorneys!
Common Oil Field Risks And Injuries
The reality is drilling for oil is an inherently dangerous job. The likelyhood that your job on an oil field worker could result in an catostrophic injury, or death is nearly 5 times that of other jobs. The oil and gas industry is going to continue to grow in Texas, and that means that the number of people employed in the industry will go up as well.
Although this means that more people will be able to provide for their family, it also means that there will be more individuals who will be exposed to cancer-causing chemicals, be in the path of explosive gases, and have to be careful around dangerous machinery.
Over the years we have represented hundreds of people who were injured as a worker on an oil field in Texas. These accidents, and others, can occur as a result of slip and falls or falls from heights; unsecured rigs, which can give way; defective equipment; lack of proper safety equipment and tools; worker fatigue (workers often work long days, topping 12 or 14 hours); operator inattention when manning a machine, tool, or motor vehicle; lack of signage; lack of training; and other acts of general negligence.
Nearly all oil field accidents that occur are a result of negligence. For example, a transportation accident could be prevented by paying more attention during operation, or a machinery accident may be prevented with timely maintenance of the machinery and better worker training. Sometimes, simply slowing down and prioritizing safety can save a life or prevent a serious injury.
There are dozens of workers who are killed in oil fields every year throughout the United States. When injuries are not fatal, they may be very severe, leaving a worker with permanent scarring, disfigurement, and disability.
These injuries include:
Common Serious Injuries Common Oil Field Injuries Seen by Our Houston Accident Attorneys
- Severe burn injuries, including second and third degree burns;
- Loss of limb/limb amputation injuries;
- Hearing loss (constant loud noise exposure or acute loud noise exposure, such as that produced during an explosion);
- Bone fracture injuries;
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in full or partial paralysis;
- Blindness or other eye injuries;
- Traumatic brain injuries;Soft tissue injuries;Internal injuries; and
- Occupational diseases, which can occur as a result of exposure to workplace chemicals or toxins, amongst other things.
Our Houston Accident Attorneys Can Answer Your Oil Field Injury Questions
- Medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Reduced ability to generate income
- Emotional burden and traumaLoss of enjoyment of life, and more.
Do I have an oil field injury lawsuit?
If you’ve been seriously injured or have a loved one who has been killed in the oil field it is important to have your own investigation into the cause of the incident. Almost always an injury or death is caused by a failure of personnel or equipment. Common causes include failure to shut down a well, failure to follow safety procedures and regulations, failure to guard dangerous conditions of equipment, explosions and fires, fall and crush injuries and vehicular related accidents. Retaining a lawyer to investigate the cause of an injury and potential defendants is important in determining the odds of a lawsuit.
Do I have a legal claim if I already received worker’s compensation?
Yes, even if you received worker’s compensation benefits, you may have a legal claim. A personal injury lawsuit may enable you to recover money above and beyond workers’ comp, such as compensation for pain and suffering.
How much does it cost to hire a lawyer from the Law Office of Domingo Garcia?
We work on a contingency basis, this simply means we only get paid if you get paid. We charge a % of the amount recovered. If nothing is recovered, you owe us nothing. We offer all potential clients a free consultation just so you can have peace of mind about your situation and see if you have a claim
What should I do if I am hurt in an accident at an oil field?
There are three things attorney Domingo Garcia suggests you always do after an injury on the job:
- Seek medical care ASAP: Always treat your health as a priority and start by getting an immediate check-up to have a doctor examine you. We have clients who often don’t immediately feel ill, but it is still advised that you always immediately seek medical care to identify any injuries that are not obvious, but still serious.
- Report Incident to your Employer: This will serve as your official notification to the job that you were involved in an accident. Furthermore it will help in ensuring safety precautions are immediately taken to prevent other workers from being similarly hurt.
- Talk to a lawyer: One of our experienced attorneys can review your case and determine the amount of your losses. You may be able to seek financial compensation for what happened. We can explain your legal options.
If you trust attorney Domingo Garcia and his law firm to handle your work accident case, we will work tirelessly to get you the compensation you deserve. Call our Houston oil field injury attorneys at 713-349-1500 for more information.